Chapter 9 : " Yes ".

Third person point of view

Haruto woke up after a few hours. It was already dark outside and so was his room. He turned the lamp on. He got up and slowly dragged himself out of bed. He went to the bathroom and washed his face. He wiped it off and walked out of his room. He saw his dad who was walking towards his room. " Oh you woke up. Mom is calling you for dinner ". 

Haruto nodded. They both walked to the table. Haruto gulped as he walked knowing very well what was waiting for him. He took a deep breath. His mom was already sitting there and all the dishes were placed on the table. His dad sat down beside her and Haruto sat down in front of them on the opposite side. 

On the other side, Junkyu woke up to the knocking on his door.  " Yah. Kim Junkyu, wake up. It is already dark ". Jihoon yelled from the other side. Junkyu sat up and rubbed his eyes. " Woke up ". He answered slowly. " Don't you dare go back to sleep ". Jihoon warned and left. Junkyu went to the bathroom to pee and he also washed his face. 

He felt more awake. He walked out to see that they set up a table in the living room. His dad was already there. " Come, sit down ". Hyunsuk said taking Junkyu's hand and made him sit down on the other side. Jihoon and his mom came with two more dishes and sat down. Junkyu was sitting in between Jihoon and Hyunsuk. 

His parents were sitting on the other side. Junkyu understood he was trapped and that there was no way he can escape now. He gulped hard looking at them. " Let's dig in ". His dad said and they all started having food. " Your cooking is seriously the best ". Jihoon said while eating. Mrs. Kim smiled and gave food to them all. 

" Eat more. You both too ". She said to Junkyu and Hyunsuk. Junkyu couldn't really eat. He was eating little bites as it felt like he would suffocate. The atmosphere in the room was nowhere near relaxed. He couldn't take it anymore. He decided to break it and put his chopsticks down. " So what is it ? " He asked looking up at them. 

They all turned to Junkyu. " Do you not know what it is ? " His mom asked and Junkyu glared at her. " Fine. Then ask me whatever you want. Why the delay ? " Junkyu asked back. His mom also put her chopsticks down and gave him her full attention. " How is he ? " " Good ". Junkyu answered. His mom gave a blank face. " That's it ? " 

Junkyu shrugged. " I mean... he has good manners, nice attitude and character, very gentleman like personality and nice job too. He seems like a good guy and also very good looking ". " Then you are okay with him right ? " His mom asked looking happy. " Huh ? I- I met him only once. And also don't you think it is suspicious that he is that nice of a guy with those looks ? " 

Junkyu asked. His mother hit her forehead. " How are you so stereotypical ? " Junkyu pouted. " So what if he is a good guy with those looks ? Is it a mistake ? There is no rule that he need not be ". " Well... yeah... you are right... but- " She raised her hand stopping him. " No buts. Yes or no. I want to know only that much ". 

Junkyu nibbled at the inside of his cheek. He thought about how his day went and he was trying hard to look for something worth saying no. He did think Haruto is definitely a good guy from his looks and other things too. But now it was not about just a date or something simple. The wheels in his brain were running.

Haruto sat down and they started having food. He noticed his mom nudging his dad with her elbow but he acted like he didn't notice anything and had his food silently. His father finally decided to speak. " So... how did it go ? " His father asked. " It went fine ". Haruto answered normally. They looked at each other.

" So you mean it's a yes ? " His mom asked. Haruto looked up with a raised eyebrow. " I didn't- " " So no ? " She cut him off. Haruto huffed. " How are you deciding it so easily ? " His mom raised an eyebrow. " Did we not give you a chance to do all those that you think should happen ? And you didn't. Isn't it your turn to do what we say now ? " 

Haruto sat back in his chair not able to say anything. The two of them looked like two big mountains not willing to move even an inch. His mom looked him dead in the eyes. " Fine. Then tell me a proper actual reason as to why you don't want to ? And why it shouldn't be him ? " She was basically telling him to try and see if they will be convinced. 

Haruto searched around for words. He knew very well that saying he doesn't know him and all those are not going to work with them. But the actual problem was he didn't find any problems. He thought about his day over and over in his head, rewinding all that happened but there wasn't anything he found to use for rejection. 

He just stared at his parents who were waiting for him to speak up. He had a blank face but he was almost panicking inside. His parents just continued to eat while they waited for his answer. Haruto couldn't eat. He looked down at his food. He picked at it as he continued to think once again.

Junkyu also looked at all those around him who were looking at him expectantly. " Can I get some air and come back ? " All of their faces dropped at his words. His dad nodded. Junkyu rushed from there and went to the balcony. He took deep breaths. He calmed down and started to think it all through again.

Once he was done, he went back in after a few minutes and sat down. All four pairs of eyes were on him. He also looked at all of them and lastly at his mom. " Yes ". All of their eyes went wide. " What ? " Jihoon asked. " I said my answer is yes ". Junkyu said once again. All of them went still like they even stopped breathing. He looked at them worried. " W-w-why ? " 

All of them screamed at once. Junkyu covered his ears. They all laughed. They looked like they won a lottery worth millions. Junkyu shook his head with a smile. " Thank you so much, my dear son ". His mom said; her eyes moist. Junkyu laughed. The two of them on his sides hugged him tight. " Let's eat happily now ". His dad said and they all continued eating. 

" Okay ". Haruto said and his parents stopped eating. They looked at him with wide eyes. " Really ? " His dad asked and he nodded. Their jaws dropped. Haruto looked nonchalant. " Can we get back to eating now ? " Haruto asked and continued eating. His parents laughed loudly. " Yes, yes. Eat more ". They resumed too. 

After dinner, Mrs. Watanabe called Mrs. Kim. " Hello ". Mrs. Kim answered. " Should I start calling you eonni ? " Mrs. Watanabe asked and Mrs. Kim's eyes went wide in surprise. " You can ". She replied and both of them squealed. " I am so happy right now ". Mrs. Watanabe said. " Me too ". They both talked about how happy they were and said goodbyes. 

Junkyu saw his parents packing up as they were done with everything. " Just stay for tonight. I will sleep on the couch. You can sleep on my bed ". He suggested but his mom shook her head. " We need to go to work tomorrow. It will be difficult in the morning to go from here ". Junkyu nodded. 

" Fine. Be careful. Drive safe ". They both bid goodbyes and left. Jihoon and Hyunsuk also left after them. Junkyu went to bed. Both his mind and body felt tired. But he couldn't stop thinking about it. He finally shook his head. His brain was heating up from all the thinking. He covered himself with the sheets and decided to sleep it off.

-MG

Author notice :

They agreeeeedddd !!! 🥳 Woohoooo !!!! ✨😭

That was a bit too much of a reaction from me. 😂 Anyways now that they agreed, you'll see what happens next when I upload. 😂 Look forward to it. 😉