Chapter 40 : Daily life.

Third person point of view

The next morning, they were back to how their life was before the trip. They both walked to the elevator to go to work. " Want me to drop you ? " Haruto asked turning to Junkyu. Junkyu shook his head. " We only go like half way in the same route and then it changes. So, no. I am fine by going by myself ". Haruto nodded. 

The doors opened and they got in the elevator. They just stood silently. They almost reached the ground floor. " Bye ". Junkyu said and Haruto nodded. Junkyu gave a light squeeze to Haruto's hand before walking out. Haruto was a bit surprised. Junkyu turned around and waved before the doors closed. Haruto also waved back. 

Junkyu walked out with a smile. He understood that Jihoon was right. He decided to do something and go forward step by step. There was no rush. He went to the office and Yoshi came to him right away as soon as he spotted him. " Why are you back already ? " He asked looking at Junkyu suspiciously. 

" We had enough fun and came back ". Junkyu said sitting down in his chair. Yoshi didn't know what to say. He just scratched his head. " I will talk to you during lunch again ". He said and went back to his seat. He texted in their other group which had the six of them that Junkyu and Haruto returned. The group went into frenzy. 

Yoshi said he will gather more information during lunch and update them on the situation. They all calmed down and went back to work. Jihoon decided to visit them during lunch to interrogate Junkyu. He worked in the same place but a different department. He was on the technical side unlike Junkyu and Yoshi who were on the lab side. 

During lunch, the three of them sat at a table for lunch. " How did it go ? " Jihoon asked with sparkling eyes. Junkyu glared at them. He put his chopsticks away and pointed at them accusingly. " I should kick your asses first. What was that ? How can you pull that kind of thing ? " Jihoon rolled his eyes. 

" Oh come on. Then do you want to just remain single for the rest of your life and be ' friends ' with him when you are technically married ? " Jihoon asked and Junkyu shook his head thinking there is no use talking about it. " So ? " Jihoon asked once again. Junkyu looked at them and sighed. He took out his phone and gave it to them. 

Yoshi and Jihoon wondered what was there in it. Junkyu lowered his head not wanting to look at their expressions. The two of them looked at all the photos they took. Their eyes went wide. Jihoon was about to scream but Yoshi quickly covered his mouth. Jihoon calmed down and blinked. Yoshi then removed his hand. 

" Our efforts didn't get wasted ". Jihoon said and wiped his invisible tears. Yoshi nodded acting like he was sobbing. Junkyu continued to eat with his head down like he couldn't hear a thing. They gave the phone back. " So... anything more ? " Jihoon asked wiggling his eyebrows. Junkyu shook his head. 

" Well... even this much is a lot ". Yoshi said and Jihoon nodded. They asked Junkyu a few more questions just to confirm and then changed the topic. They finished lunch and went in their own ways. They informed the others about it and the group became noisy once again. They were all also cheering that their plan was a success.

Junkyu went back home and changed his dress. He watched the television and wasted some time. Haruto didn't come back at his usual time. Junkyu continued to wait while watching the television. It was almost dinner time but Haruto was still not there. He let out a sigh. He didn't feel like ordering anything. He went to the kitchen. 

He took out a few ingredients he had and decided to try another type of fried rice with ham this time. He put on the apron and started cooking. He was done with the rice. He then felt like adding an Omelette to it. He took out some eggs and started beating them. His ears perked up at the sound of the door opening and closing. 

He peeked out and saw Haruto walking in. " You're home ". Haruto noticed Junkyu. " You are cooking again ? " Haruto asked walking towards him. Junkyu nodded. He saw the food placed on the counter. " Looks yummy. Let me go change and come ". Junkyu nodded. Haruto took a shower and they then had dinner together. 

Haruto washed the dishes and then sat with Junkyu. " Did you have a lot of work ? " Junkyu asked and Haruto nodded. They watched the TV for a while. Junkyu was the one to get up first. " You want to sleep ? " Haruto asked and Junkyu nodded. Haruto turned it off and got up too. " I am also sleepy ". Junkyu smiled and they both fell asleep. 

The next day was Saturday, so Junkyu wanted to sleep in. When he woke up, he saw Haruto styling his hair. He was also dressed up. Junkyu checked the time and it was still early. " Are you going somewhere ? " Junkyu asked. Haruto turned to Junkyu. " Yes hyung. There are a few things I need to handle. So I have to go to work today too ". Haruto said. 

Junkyu nodded. " Did you have anything ? " Junkyu asked getting out of bed. " I had cereal ". " You should've at least told me. I would've made you something proper to eat ". Haruto was done with his hair. He walked up to Junkyu. " It is fine hyung. You finally have a weekend to sleep peacefully. How can I wake you up ? " Junkyu pouted. 

" That trip- " Haruto cut Junkyu off. " I enjoyed the trip a lot. I made some of the best memories there. So working on one Saturday is totally worth it ". Haruto pinched Junkyu's cheek. " It is really fine ". Junkyu nodded. Haruto smiled and picked up his things. " I will be back on time today. Bye hyung ". " Drive safe ". Junkyu waved and Haruto left for work. 

-MG

Author notice :

Junkyu taking initiative I see. 👀🤩 That's some nice progress now. 😂 

Their friends gang is basically a bunch of shippers just like us. 😂🤣

How come they act all lovey-dovey ?! 😭😂 So cute. 😍🥺