Chapter 16 : Shocking news !

Third person point of view

" We finished discussing and your marriage is exactly 28 days away from now ". His mom informed happily and Haruto's expression froze. He was digesting the words. Junkyu wondered what happened when he noticed the change in Haruto's expression. " Okay ". Haruto replied slowly not knowing what more to say. 

" Is Junkyu there with you ? " Haruto looked at Junkyu and answered. " Yeah ". " Give the phone to him, I will give to eonni ". " Okay ". Haruto handed his phone to Junkyu. " What is it ? " Junkyu asked taking the phone and put it to his ear. " Hello ? " His mom spoke from the other side. " Junkyu-ah, the date is set. It is 28 days away ". 

Junkyu's eyes went wide. He now knew the reason for Haruto's reaction. He looked at Haruto. Haruto's face didn't show anything now. Even the shock from before vanished from his eyes. " Ah... " Junkyu said in a small voice. " How far did you come on your side ? " Junkyu looked away from Haruto. " Ah... um... furniture is all settled ". 

" That's good ". Junkyu could hear the smile in her voice. He also heard others speaking in the background. " Fine then, you guys must be busy too. I will hang up then ". " Okay ". His mom hung up. He gave the phone back to Haruto. Haruto took it and put it in his pocket. The both of them stood there not knowing what to say. 

" Let's go to the car ? " Haruto asked and Junkyu nodded. They went and sat in the car. Both of them just stayed in silence for a few minutes. " Hyung... since there isn't much time, should we go get the other things ? " Haruto asked carefully. " Yeah. Let's do that ". Junkyu answered and turned to Haruto.

Haruto gave a small smile and Junkyu also reciprocated. The both of them buckled up. Haruto started the engine and drove out of there. " Where shall we go ? " Junkyu asked. " We will find everything at the mall right. Let's go there ? " Haruto asked and Junkyu nodded. They went to different stores in the mall and got all the things they want. 

They picked them based on how the interior was going to be. The back seat and trunk were full by the time they were done. Both of them heaved a sigh after closing the door. " Done right ? " Junkyu asked. " Yep ". Haruto nodded and asked. " Where shall we have dinner ? " " It is up to you ". Junkyu answered and Haruto nodded. He drove to a small restaurant he saw nearby. 

They finished dinner and walked out. " I will take a taxi home ". Junkyu said and Haruto nodded. " I will take those things with me. When we go there next weekend, we can finish setting up things too ". " Alright ". " Let's tell them about the kitchen and get that done too ". Junkyu nodded. Haruto helped Junkyu get a taxi and sent him off. 

He then went home himself. Junkyu called his mom after reaching home. " Hello ". His mom answered. " Mom, I need your help ". " What is it ? " " About the kitchen, I don't know much and he also doesn't. So if you both can help us with it... it will be done easily ". " Alright. I will talk to her and get it done ". 

" The interior will be complete by the end of the week. Everything will be done. So we will go there the next Saturday. They will also be there ". " Got it ". " Bye mom. Good night ". " Good night son ". Junkyu cut the call. He changed out of his dress and went to bed directly. He was too tired to even think of anything. 

The next day, he went to work like usual. He was staring at the report on the screen in a daze. " Junkyu-ah, this one- " His colleague and friend Yoshi came to him to speak about something but Junkyu didn't hear him. Yoshi noticed Junkyu's expression and frowned. He knocked on the table. Junkyu came out of the daze. 

" What is it ? " He looked up at Yoshi. " You are so out of it since morning. What happened ? " Junkyu ducked his head with a sad pout. " I am getting married ". " WHAT ?! " Yoshi yelled. " Shush ! Lower your voice ". Junkyu said in a low voice. " How ? When ? Why didn't you tell me till now ? " Yoshi bombarded him with questions. 

" I also found out yesterday ". Yoshi frowned. " Huh ? " Yoshi was initially out of city because of a project for a month and hence didn't come with them previously. He returned to work on that day and missed out on all of the drama happening in Junkyu's life. Junkyu told him all that that happened. Yoshi laughed at first. 

But covered it up with a cough when he saw Junkyu's sad pout. " Sorry ". " It's okay ". Junkyu said not minding it. " So... you are doing the preparations right now ? " Junkyu nodded. " All the best. And let me know if I can help with anything ". " There are not much I am involved in. Jihoon knows more. He will inform you if there is something ". Yoshi nodded. 

" He knows that I came back right ? " Yoshi asked and Junkyu fell in thought. " I guess he does ". Junkyu answered. Yoshi rubbed his chin. " It is fine. I will just text him about it ". Junkyu nodded. " Then.... " Yoshi started. Junkyu looked at him. " Do you have a photo of his ? " Yoshi asked with sparkling eyes. Junkyu tilted his head and picked up his phone.

" I don't think I do. Let me check ". Junkyu checked and he really didn't have any of Haruto's photos. " I don't have any ". Yoshi nodded. " It's fine. I will meet him anyway ". Junkyu smiled. " What did you want to ask though ? " " Ah, this ". Yoshi showed the note pad he brought. They got back to work. And just like that, another week went by.

-MG

Author notice :

That was a lot to take in. 😂 Uff !

And there you go. The last one was Yoshi and that's it. 😂

My BR asked about what I would do if I ever to be in their position. 😂 Like finding out you are going to get married to someone in 28 days. That conversation was also fun. 😂 

What would you guys do ?  👀🧐 Let me know in the comments.