Chapter 012

"This is outrageous

"This is outrageous. Even a vaccine for viruses that everything already known and identified still needs months to be acceptable. This is influenced by an 'alien' (everything that is unidentified yet is often called alien in many terms) substance, now only less than three days to prepare?? It is impossible." Prof. Bill grumbled while drinking his cup of hot dark coffee.

Now, Prof. Bill, Ros, and Ros's two associates, Gerald, Rory, and Qunn gather in the corner of the cafeteria in the Zomaftec Headquarters.

That corner becomes their favorite rendezvous place. Because first, no surveillance camera near it, and almost no one can hear their conversation. That gigantic cafeteria has a lot of well-designed corners, each having its own comfy atmosphere. So no one will object if that corner is 'taken' by them.

"What else can we do? as I know at the beginning there is a kind of 'people power' that stands on our side, asking that the demonstration be delayed until the situation is fixed and through the sure analyzation," Gerald said, "But now after they heard China also do the same, so if we are late to do the accusation of that, China will gladly take the glory. Since they heard that news, they become close their eyes, mouth, and ear."

"Yes... because of false pride, they are willing to ignore humanity's righteousness. This is human, the bad one. Blind for what is right or wrong when faced with self-ego." Prof. Bill said.

"I think first to blame is of course the elite one. The government and the power holder like the rich company like Zomaftec and Bie Lin Jing." Qunn said.

"Yeah... our government unfortunately is already blind with profit. Profit is above humanity. This is what happens if a government system is already too capitalist." Prof. Bill said, "But the antipode politic style is also the same, they hide behind the word 'socialist' and work for people, but in fact, they also just afraid to lose their power to rule the country, so what they fighting for usually not a profit, but an image. They must maintain their good image no matter how either by brainwashing or forced to shut up."

"Why I can say that? because the proofs are already many, isn't it? Two examples that are already been noted in history are when their own doctor stated there is a new virus and demanded city lockdown, the country didn't want to lose its 'great' image and force the doctor to shut up, and in the end, the virus becomes the global pandemic. The other one is the case of the historical nuclear power plant explosion. The worker there already stated there was something wrong with the power plant and demanded it to be closed and take an extreme preventative operation. But again, because the country didn't want to lose its 'great' image, the worker is forced to shut up, and the explosion happened, causing a lot of trouble everywhere."

"Yes, we all know what are you talking about Prof. Bill. We learn it while at school." Gerald said. "But our country was also the same, they said 'everything is under control' but how many lives dead because of the pandemic."

"That is precisely what I'm talking about... Too capitalist, and too the antipode, both bring chaos. And now I think our country is still too capitalist, I am afraid something really bad will happen again." Prof. Bill said.