Chapter 014

At the lab of Prof. Bill Blank.

"Do I make the Serum dead? or just too much slower? Why still no spread reaction after this many minutes?" Prof. Bill said just like talking to himself.

"Jerry, what do you feel?" Gerald asked Jerry who is waiting in the next room.

"Em, well, nothing yet... I feel I'm healthier, but I guess it's just psychological ." Jerry said.

Because he also can monitor his real body condition through the high-end medical examiner watch that he wears. So he knows that he feels healthier while nothing change is kind of psychological.

"OMG, all the VIP chairs are already full. I think the event will start earlier if like that," said one of Ros's associates.

Yes, their attention is divided into two, monitoring Jerry's Body Condition and monitoring the Event that is air in live.

And unfortunately, what Ros's associates are afraid of is happening.

From the monitor that shows the live airing, they all can see that all the VIP guests are standing and start to give a rousing standing applause. What is that sign for if not for telling everyone that sees it, that the Event is Begin?

Of course, all the VIP guests already come, and all the preparation is ready, so what are they waiting for? Just start then...

"OMG, they are starting the event... What must we do?" Ros's associate starts to panic.

"..."

No one can give the answer. They are all also only able to the live TV broadcast on the monitor speechlessly.

They all can see that some chairs are prepared on the stage, maybe for some important person including Ros to sit there and wait her turn to give her speech.

A modern futuristic podium is also placed in the center of the stage. The mic is tested for a little and it works nicely. It is definitely a place where they going to give speeches.

Ros and every other one that is kind of important to involve are entering the stage and sitting on the designated seat for them.

Then three patients in wheelchairs also entered the stage. All of them are definitely in unhealthy condition. But their body part is still complete. Even though they look sick, and can't walk, they still have their two legs.

Then finally, the one that they had all waited for... The unidentified hominin, of course still frozen laying on his special slanted bed that can be moved around, entered the stage and is placed on the left of the stage from the point of view of the guests.

They applaud more cheerfully, camera blitzes are everywhere even though they are in the open space.

Well, at least, that is how crazy the situation is right now on the stage and the area around it.

But...

Something magnificent also happening in Prof. Bill's lab.

"Professor, I think it is starting to work." Said Dr. Jerry.

Now everyone's attention in the lab change and focus to see the monitor that shows Jerry's body condition.

Yes, Serum Batch IV already starting to work. The CASX starts to spread from one cell to another cell. Change the DNA of Jerry, into something that is healthier... Way much healthier.

"It works in slow, just like I modified. Good..." Prof. Bill said.

"Ow, that is the DNA sequence of Diabetes... Look... it is transformed... Into the health sequence." Prof. Bill said again.

All are amazed.

"I... I feel healthier this time, really, for real...! No longer psychology..." Jerry said in a very happy intonation.

"What about this my left pinky finger? I lost it a long time ago by accident. Will it grow again?" Jerry asked.

"I'm sorry Jerry, based on my research, that 'special thing' from the hominin doesn't have the ability for regeneration." Prof. Bill said.

"Ow, so that is why that patient in the stage is all still in complete body parts, I understand now..." Gerald said.

Everyone's excitement level in the lab is increasing along with the spread of the CASX inside Jerry's body, fixing every bad effect of the DNA sequence into a good one. But...

"Prof... I think I start to feel nauseous," Jerry said.

"Oh No." Prof. Bill said.

"Why Prof?" Gerald asked.

"Look at this sequence. The purple CASX substance covered the real DNA sequence. The DNA sequence that is covered by it is a healthy sequence, but the purple CASX itself left some kind of false DNA sequence, and if it really gives an effect on the human body so it is a mutation sequence." Prof. Bill tries to explain. But he is starting to panic.

"You all kind of don't understand yet, don't you? Well, to make it easy, maybe like this: Let's say I have a machine, a good machine that can work very nicely, I engrave its barcode in its own body. But I wrongly wrap it in the wrong box with a different barcode, the bad machine barcode. So if my machine inside the box passes the scanner, what it will be scanned as?"

"The bad machine," Rory answered.

"Exactly... that is more and less that is happening right now. Well not 100% like that, because this wrapper sometimes acts like a transparent hologram paper sheet, maybe if the example is correct. So the wrapper will deflect the scanner and wrongly read the barcode inside. Something like that also happens right now."

"AAAARGH!"

BRAG!

BRAG!

Jerry squished his head roughly like he is in real pain right now!

"WHAT HAPPEN JERRY?!" Prof. Bill asked panicked.

"It is hurt... I am dizzy... and nauseous..."

"Jerry's watch is broken Prof! We need to take an actual sample right now!" A lab worker said.

"Jerry... Jerry... Listen... Please give me your hand out from this tiny window in the door. I need to take your blood sample right now!" Prof. Bill pleaded to Jerry hoping Jerry is still able to follow his request.

Luckily Jerry is still able to comply, he put out his hand out from the tiny window. Even though he is now in pain.

Prof. Bill in fast grab a syringe and inject it into Jerry's arm. He pulls out enough of Jerry's sample blood.

"AAAAAARGH!" Jerry unable to hold his consciousness, he pulls back his arms and acts painfully alone in his chamber.

When that happens, Prof. Bill spontaneously acts in shock. Everyone thinks he is shocked because Jerry suddenly pulls out his arm. But actually, Jerry's sudden act makes the sharp point needle of the syringe make a scratch on Prof. Bill's finger. But Prof. Bill is also silent about that and just continues what he must do.

Prof. Bill put that blood sample into the high-end machine, so now they can see again what is happening inside Jerry's body. Because what is happening in that blood is happening inside Jerry's body also...

So, what will happen?