Chapter 070 - Extinct

In Elad's Bunker.

In the morning, Sayaka got up and headed to the cafeteria. She knew where it was because yesterday she had more or less monitored the spatial plan there.

Sayaka predicts that all employees' breakfast, lunch, and dinner activities will take place there. She was already feeling hungry because yesterday she was hesitant to eat there. But now she was very hungry so she didn't think much anymore.

And it turned out to be true, in the cafeteria the employees at Elad's bunker are enjoying their breakfast.

Seeing Sayaka come and join in the queue for breakfast, of course, they all whisper to each other. There is an impression from their whispering gestures that they hope that Sayaka will not come up to them and talk to them.

Sayaka can understand, it seems it's not because they are not friendly. But they are afraid that if Elad and Jacob don't agree with one of them being friends with Sayaka, then their fate might not be good.

So because Sayaka also understands this, she takes as much breakfast for herself as she feels necessary, then looks for an empty table and eats there, alone.

...

After breakfast, Sayaka goes for a walk again to entertain herself. This time, she accidentally approaches the main lab where Lorn works on his project.

The automatic door opens, letting Lorn know that Sayaka is standing there.

Lorn only looks at her for a moment, but after that, he doesn't care and continues what he is doing.

Sayaka, who is acting innocent, dares to approach Lorn.

Lorn just keeps quiet even though he knows Sayaka is watching what he is doing. Sayaka also just silently studies for herself what Lorn is doing.

"DNA modification?" Sayaka spontaneously says after she feels she more or less knows what Lorn is doing.

"You also know this subject, don't you?" Lorn said.

"No, just a little," Sayaka said.

"You can't lie to me... Yesterday, I observed your research in the lab downstairs, it's clear that you are a real expert in biology and DNA," Lorn said.

"..." Sayaka doesn't answer that, firstly, she knows from the start that her every behavior will always be watched. Secondly, what is in front of her now is a high-level science subject which is also interesting for her.

"You want to modify DNA forcibly?! With that machine? Wow, I don't think it will be easy. And the risks will be very big. Every person has a different DNA structure, so it isn't easy to think that modifying it is easy. As in previous cases, modified Vaccines can cause the recipient to experience autoimmune disease. Even though it is very rare, 1 in 1 million, the risk is still there." Sayaka said.