Chapter 064- Extraction

"Dang! How many shots do I need to hit that creature? Spotter, how many shots have already successfully hit the target?" Jacob asked his man.

"So far only four, sir!"

"Four?! Damn it Lorn, you said one drop of this can kill an elephant, this is beyond your calculation... Come on guys, hit him more! Luckily we bring a lot of this tranquilizer ammo..." Jacob said.

"Sir yes sir!"

"Well, don't waste it in useless of course..." Jacob said to fix his command.

"Bravo team, report!" Jacob said again.

"Everything under control, sir. The lady looks like she knows how to lay low, not much threat insight." Bravo team reported.

"Alright, let's bring down the alpha! Dang, he moves so fast and is very crowded down there." Jacob said. He tries his best to complete his mission.

But besides them, there is another small group of survivors now in a very nervous state. In a small cage, the six of them had to squeeze together, sit, and position themselves so they didn't look like humans. With a body full covered with mud, they pray together so the infected do not notice them.

Indeed, the infected do not notice them, is that because of their prayer? Their effort to disguise? Or because there is other prey which is more potential to be hunted? Who cares...

Now their life is really on the edge of the cliff, who cares about why and how... As long as they can survive... Expecting miracle...

"Boss, look... The alpha comes to the skull... So is it his son's skull?" The spotter reports the situation.

It is what is happening. After rummaging here and there, the alpha primate is approaching his main goal which is he can sense it from far away. He grabs the case above the stone. He opens it with force, and satisfyingly takes what is inside... The baby skull...

"Shoot! Shoot!" Jacob gives command seeing that chance. It is a perfect moment because the alpha primate stands still.

In a matter of seconds, dozens of tranquilizers land on the alpha primate body. Will it work this time?

And it looks like it worked. alpha primates show signs of being anesthetized. and slowly he began to fall and fall asleep.

Right at that moment, another infected started to act panic and scattered, running to the forest. No one is sure if it is just their instinct because their alpha is down, or it is just coincidence because most human which is their prey also scattered and ran to the forest.

"Alright soldier, clear the area and prepare for landing to proceed with the mission." Jacob gives a command.

They all work professionally, they make sure the situation is safe for them to land and do the rest.