Chapter 020

Qunn wakes up early in the morning, in sweat... He is having a nightmare, but it is his habit too to wake up early in the morning.

He tries to analyze where he is now because it is unfamiliar to see his surrounding now. But his memory comes back fast, now he remembers is in the HUB, sitting at his hammock that was prepared for him to sleep last night.

Quietly he gets out of that big room and heads outside. The cold temperature just welcoming him force him to shrink his body.

No one is already awake at that time, but if he tries to think, there must be someone that is now awake... That person is the guard that takes a shift at that time. So Qunn just come to the guard tower beside the entrance and climb it.

"Good morning," Qunn said in a low voice.

"Good morning, you are Qunn right?" That guard said also in low voice try not to expose their existence.

"Yes, and you?"

"I'm Tobb."

"Nice to meet you Tobb."

"Nice to meet you too Qunn."

"How is the situation?"

"Well, so far still quiet... No infected is seen. Two of our scouts now are scouting at the nearest town, trying to see the situation."

"Wow, you all are so brave. Yesterday when we run away from Zomaftec by car, we saw an infected woman. She was in a kind of normal body shape, not an athletic body shape for sure. And you know how fast she runs?"

"How fast?"

"40 kilometers per hour."

"Ow, what?! That is already as fast as 'the king' Bolt."

"Yeah, that is why, if it is me, I do not dare to look for trouble, I won't survive running from it."

"By the way Tobb, I think I need an unused laptop... for our archeologist Ros. Do you know where I can get it, Tobb?" Qunn asked.

"Well, there on the shack with red door color, there is our tech storage room. You can try to go there, our technician, Niel, as I know also sleep there last night. It is okay, just wake him up gently, he is a nice guy."

"Well, thank you very much Tobb, you help a lot."

"Don't mention it man, glad to help."

"Keep your good work at your duty Tobb."

"Yo... thank you, man..."

Qunn climbs down from the guard tower and heads to the shack with a red door as Tobb said. Carefully he opens the door, as quietly as possible not to wake up a person sleeping inside.

Just like Tobb said, Niel sleeps there on the floor just with a sleeping bag, and now he is waking up to welcome Qunn who is coming, maybe Qunn is not quite enough for a military-trained man.