Chapter 054 - Candi Jagat Tuwo

Gerald has been sick since last night, he has a fever, and his body temperature is 39 degrees Celsius.

But even though like that, Ros does not have any intention to cancel her wish to visit Candi Jagat Tuwo.

So to fill the gap created by Gerald's absence, Yeum Bi is already awake from 04:00 AM and starts to do jogging. She must keep her body in perfect performance.

Forty minutes she ran circling that small island for many rounds, suddenly a person came and joined her run. Even though that person can not run as pace as Yeum Bi, Yeum Bi respects that person's positive intention. That person is Qunn.

"Does Gerald get better?" Yeum Bi asked.

"Not yet, still hot. Sayaka, Yaat, and his wife stay all night to help him." Qunn said.

"Poor of him, I think he gets really tired after all."

"Yes maybe, but you also did similar hard work with him, are you OK?"

"I am fine. But I think he did more than me."

"Well, you both did amazing. There is not enough word to thank you both."

But then they both see Yaat and an old man already waking up and cleaning a small room inside a wooden building. Yeum Bi and Qunn come to them and offer their help.

"May we help you clean this room?" Yeum Bi overs her help.

"Sure, but before that I hope you can clean and wash your hands, feet, and face in that washing area. Sorry, it is just part of the faith." Yaat said.

"Sure no problem." Then Yeum Bi and Qunn clean themselves.

After they clean themselves, they help to clean the room the best that they can. Then not long after that, all nineteen civilians who live on that small island come to that room after cleaning themselves. They prayed fervently there. The man on the front row, then the male children behind the male, then the woman at the most behind.

After they are done praying, they back to their activity.

Yaat comes to Yeum Bi and Qunn who sit under the tree outside the building.

"So all of the people on this island are Muslim?" Qunn asked.

"Almost. Only Mion is Buddhist." Yaat said.

"As I know, when the prayer is about to begin, you will call the prayer with the speaker on the tower, but I think I didn't hear that just now?" Qunn asked.

"Well, most are still like that, for our community, we all use this smart band. This band is programmed to alert the user personally when the time comes. You know what, in our religion, 7 lessons tell us not to make a disturbing noise. But, well you know, Ojnay also already told you many times, right? About diversity in Indonesia. It is a fact that many disagree with our innovation of this smart band. I was also mocked many times as a demon or satan because I proposed to change the tower speaker with this personal band. This band is even more popular in Europe, America, and North Asia. My base argumentation is simple, Islam reached the Golden Age in 622 until 1258, which is when Islam was close to science and technology. So I believe it will be repeated if we as Muslims get ourselves to close with science and technology again. Well, you know the rest, I can tell you a lot, but I think now we still have a lot of other things to do, right?" Yaat said.