Chapter 046 - Thwarting

"Why do you do this to us?" Asked Rory to Yoshida.

"I don't! Look I am tightened with you all together. I am not part of this." Yoshida said to defend himself.

But now one just believes with Yoshida.

At that moment, Gerald, Ros, Rory, Qunn, Yoshida, and the other four Dokdo Guards tightened in that last room and became hostages.

"OK, listen... I admit I am not smart. My formal education was only just elementary school. So I really thought they were willing to help us. I don't know if they will do this to us... My father was a poor fisherman, he has two sons which is my older brother, Ikeda, and me. My mom passed away when I was little. So the way we live is no other than living with pride and honesty." Yoshida said again.

But again no one trusts him.

"Eight years ago, my father was diagnosed with cancer, he only could live for a few months. Then at that time, he really could not do anything, just lay down on his bed and felt pain. We are so poor, the medical treatment expense was so expensive. So that night, without my brother knowing, because he disagreed with what I would do, I dared to sail to the ocean to capture as many fish as possible at night, the problem was the news on the radio already told us there was a storm that night. I did that because I needed a lot of money for my father." Yoshida told his life story.

"But... I could not win against nature. My ship was hit by the storm, and I passed out."

"When I woke up, I was already at a shore. Thank God I was not dead yet. But suddenly many people in uniform came and surrounded me, they were police, South Korean Police. So the storm blew me away until the South Korean shore."

"They captured me and accused me as a spy because I don't have a legal permit to enter their country. They won't believe my story. So I was sentenced to a lifetime in prison unless there was a delegation from Japan to release me."

"But then, there was only one person, one person only that willing to listen to my story and investigate further. It was President Yoo Gi Hwan. At that time he was not a President yet, just a humble celebrity who mostly worked on reality or variety shows. So Mr. Yoo really listened to me and checked the liability of my story. After he found all I said was true, he helped me to get out of the prison and could come back to my home in Japan. Not only there, he also helped to get kind of appropriate medication for my father. My father got treatment but was not totally healed, just lived a little bit longer. All by Mr. Yoo's own money. My father lived for five more years. In least at that five more years, my father could finish his unfinished business. So he had no regret when must rest for the last time. He could pass away with a smile."

"Now, after all of that. I am worse than evil if I betray Pres. Yoo Gi Hwan. I am in eternal debt to him. So there is no way, I am involved in this. I just stupidly didn't predict something bad about them." Yoshida told his story and his determination.