4. Red-Faced

The drive to Harry's house had been quiet because, as he reminded me, the doctor said no music and he was just following doctor's orders. I was a bit tired, worn out from the day's events. The silence mixed with the motion of the car was lulling me to sleep. I let my heavy eyes close hoping to get some rest.

"Heeeeeey!," burst Harry making me jolt in my seat. I got the feeling that he was trying to keep me from falling asleep in his car. "So when was the last time you had a sleepover?," he asked separating his eyes from the road to look at me when he spoke.

Was he asking the last time I spent the night with someone? Startled at his outburst and stunned at his question, it must've read all over my face.

"No no, not like that. I just meant when was the last time someone slept over- I mean when you stayed at someone's house overnight. Ahh! Like a real sleepover like when we were kids." He was red and flustered after trying to fix his mistake. It was actually adorable and a lot of fun to witness.

"Haha. It's been a while," I said, still chuckling.

"Me too. I think it's going to be fun," Harry said, this time his gaze not breaking from the road as we turned with it's curves. "We're here," he added as we pulled onto a driveway and came to a stop.

I looked up and saw his house was massive, much larger than mine in the hills. My mind replayed the earlier events and the mention of paparazzi and his familiar face. Who was he? I wasn't about to ask him directly, so I quietly made a mental note to try to figure it out. I'm sure his house would give me some clues. I was pulled away from my thoughts as my car door suddenly opened. I turned to see Harry standing before me.

The moonlight shone down through the trees are reflected off his green eyes showing them to me in a new way. Yet again I found myself mesmerized by his gaze. His eyes drew me in and gave me comfort. They erased my thoughts and worries and replaced them with a feeling I had felt hours before, that I wanted to stare back into those green eyes for ever. I was drawn to them, I could hear them calling my name, beckoning me. Even now, it seemed as if they were getting larger, drawing me in closer. I swear they were directly in front of me now.

"Wow, you really are concussed," Harry spoke and I felt his breath on my cheeks. He was inches from my face, from my lips. I blinked repeatedly, realizing I hadn't done so as my eyes struggled to regain their moisture.

"Huh?," I said as I looked to him, now standing a small distance away.

"You've been staring at God knows what for five minutes. I tried to snap you out of it calling your name, but nothing," he said shaking his head from side to side, his mouth pulled tight into a line and his eyebrows raised.

"Really? Sorry, I must be out of it still," I apologized as my cheeks fought off the red rising in embarrassment.

Harry helped me out of the car and inside the large birchwood doors. He flicked on the lights and I winced at their brightness.

"Oh shit! Sorry, no bright lights. Hold on," Harry said rushing into the living room as I stood in the entryway. He picked up a large remote tapping at it furiously. Suddenly the lights dimmed to an amber tone. It lit up his hair as he walked back towards me. Each wild curl highlighted in a ambient glow.

"Thank you for everything Harry." As much as I had protested his help tonight, I was really appreciative of what he was doing. It was sweet that he was dead set on my well being. "I should get to bed so I can get out of your hair."

"No need to thank me Liv, but you can't go to bed." I pulled in my brows at his words. "I've got to keep an eye on you. My mate got hit in the head by a golf ball once and they said not to let him sleep more than an hour or two at time."

"But I'm so tired," I whined

"Well then I'll have to do my best to entertain you so you'll stay awake," he said matter of factly. "Let's me see if I have a change of clothes for you though. That dress looks bloody uncomfortable."

Harry carefully led me up two flights of stairs and down a long corridor. We reached a large room at the end, what appeared to be his bedroom. The ceilings were vaulted and accented with birch beams. One wall was almost entirely made of windows looking out on to a canyon. The view was breathtaking, even at this hour. Across from the windows was a large king sized bed with a leather headboard mounted to the wall. The bed was dressed in crisp white linens with a down comforter atop it. It was neatly made and reminded me of a bed you'd find in an expensive hotel suite. Harry walked towards the bed, turning into an open doorway on the right. I followed as we entered an expansive closet. The room was lined with hundreds of clothes neatly hung. My eyes widened at the labels. Being as I was in the fashion industry I recognized them all. Burberry, Saint Laurent, and Marc Jacobs, to name a few. Without a second thought I flipped though the garments admiring the craftsmanship and recalling which collections they were from. Harry looked over from the opposite end of the closet setting a t-shirt and grey sweatpants he had pulled off a shelf on the center closet island.

"Make yourself at home!," he laughed as he eyed me holding a striped pant leg.

"Well it was easy considering I have this very pair of pants in my own closet," I fired back. It was true too, they were my favorite pair of Paige denim jeans considering I had an affinity for stripes. They were white with vertical black stripes, and they were skin tight and from their women's line.

"Well you've got good taste then," he said with a smirk still on his face. "I hope these'll do." Harry pointed to the neatly folded clothing stack. "I'll let you get changed." He grabbed a pair of black shorts for himself and headed back into his room, closing the door behind him.

I was tempted to keep snooping through his closet, but I opted to change out of my clothes. Taking off my heels I sighed in relief. I slid my dress down over my curved hips and peeled off my now slightly ripped fishnets. I pulled Harry's t-shirt over my head. It was a well worn-in Rolling Stones tee with a few holes. It was incredibly comfortable. The sweat pants were loose on me, so I had to roll the waistband a couple times. I folded up my discarded clothes and placed them on the island where my current wardrobe had resided and made my way back to Harry's bedroom.

I walked in to see Harry in his black knee length shorts and nothing else. I eyed the butterfly on his chest that I had caught just a glimpse of at the lounge earlier. His hips were flanked with two fern leaves. The front of his shoulder inscribed with '17 Black' and other scribbles I couldn't decipher from across the room. His left arm was littered with black and grey images that seemed random, but completely meaningful. Tattoos had always been something I was drawn to. I loved the idea of keeping a memory on my body. I often said that I never regretted a tattoo, because it marked where I was at that time in my life. I wondered the stories behind Harry's tattoos, in fact I wondered a lot about Harry.

"Thank you for the clothes. I love your Stones t-shirt," I said holding it out from the bottom.

"Again with the good taste," he winked as he slipped a plain white tee shirt over his head. His fingers ran through his hair as he pushed it back off of his face, his hat from before now sitting on his night stand. "Let's see if you have good taste in board games too. Operation or Monopoly?," he said gesturing to the two boxes that lay on his bed.

"Operation!," I said without hesitation reaching for the box. That's when I spotted the other game on the bed. It wasn't just Monopoly, it was One Direction Monopoly. I couldn't help but laugh out loud at not only the ridiculous teen boys on the box, but at my realization that Harry was one of them. That's why he looked familiar, he was Harry Styles. I was familiar with the band, I think it was probably impossible not to know at least some of their music, but I certainly couldn't tell you the names of the members. Apparently I couldn't even identify one if they were standing in front of me. "But on second thought, this looks almost too good to pass up," I said stifling another laugh.

Harry crossed his arms and pouted his lip faking offense. "Who doesn't want to build their own One Direction Empire?"

"I'm sorry to laugh, but I didn't know you were this Harry," I said picking up the box and pointing to his curly headed former self. I began to read from the back of the box "Will you take a chance with One Direction-"

"Operation it is!," Harry announced cutting me off and quickly changing the subject. He grabbed the game and headed for the door. I followed him downstairs, wiping tears of laughter from my face along the way.