7. Muted Tones

I stared at the vaulted ceiling in Harry's bedroom, my mind racing. I was exhausted, but my brain was too awake for me to sleep. I still hadn't fully processed the past 10 hours or so and everything that had happened.

I had gone from a girls' night of shots and songs to a concussion and staying with a stranger. I paused at the thought, now uncomfortable calling Harry a stranger. We hadn't known each other more than a few hours, but there had been a familiarity with him from the start. From the moment I came to, while lying on the floor of The Blind Dragon, every bit of him was revealed to me through his eyes. His compassion, his warmth, his sincerity, and even his playfulness came through in his green eyes.

I replayed that moment I first met Harry and the events that followed. My mind was focusing on details that seemed minor at the time. The way Harry called me 'love' before he knew my name. His gentle touches that felt like a bolt of lightening in my core. His warm breath on my face as I stared at him in the moonlight. The way I fit like a puzzle piece against his side when we slept on the couch.

My skin tingled at these memories and my stomach tightened. I found myself biting my bottom lip as my body twisted in his sheets trying to get comfortable. The realization that I was in his bed and his clothes only sent me buzzing more. I was the furthest from falling asleep, and I couldn't get Harry out of my mind, in fact I felt like I was losing my mind.

Suddenly Harry's words from the night before that had lulled me to sleep rang between my ears.

I've a got a feeling deep inside,
hotter than a jet stream burning up.
I've got a feeling deep inside,
and it's taking it's taking all I've got.
Yeah it's taking it's taking all I've got.

As the words and thoughts of Harry's voice echoed in my mind I felt my hands travel down my stomach over Harry's Rolling Stones tee. My right hand slipped beneath the rolled waistband of my borrowed sweatpants and made its way to my sex. It felt hot to the touch and I was desperate to rub away the ache throbbing between my legs. When my fingers made contact with my clit my body arched beneath my hand. I was so sensitive already, only from my thoughts of Harry.

I ran my middle finger down my slit, sinking it in deeper. Unsatisfied, I slid it two more fingers pressing deeply on my inner walls. I sucked in a breath at the pressure, my eyes tightly shut. My hips rocked against the motion of my hand.

My mind flickered to Harry's hands and I let out a small moan. I bit my lip in an attempt to mute my pleasure. My fingers slid from inside me and refocused on my clit, now fully lubricated from my own arousal. As my fingers tapped my sensitive button I was reminded of Harry's long fingers and the steady gentle tapping they had done on my arm. Without thought my own fingers mimicked his rhythm and I writhed at the feeling. My legs tightened around my hand and my hips swayed from side to side at the overwhelming pleasure.

My left hand had made its way to my breast firmly massaging it and rolling my nipple in my fingers. I felt all my heat drain into my pink middle as my legs began to shake. My climax on the verge of surfacing. I quickened the pace and increased the pressure of my right hand against my clit instantly bringing on my orgasm at full intensity.

Unable to control myself I let out a deep guttural moan as my hips shook in a random succession of movements. As I opened my mouth to take in a breath my own voice deceived me.

"Ohhh HARRRRRY!" I yelled as my body rolled a final time with one more wave of pleasure. My left hand smacked over my mouth as my eyes opened widely hoping I wasn't as loud as I feared. My right hand slid from Harry's pants and fell beside me in fatigue. The much needed release had drained me and my eyes gave up the fight to stay opened.

"Liv?," Harry's voice rang out as I heard the door fling open. "Everything alright? I thought I heard you call for me."

Thank goodness for the blackout curtains because it was the only thing that could hide the blush of my face.

"I'm fine," I answered back across the dark. "I...uh, just had a bad dream is all," I lied, desperate to hide the truth.

"Oh, I was worried. You yelled pretty loud." My cheeks turned a new shade of red at his words. "Do you want me to come lay with you until you fall back asleep?"

"NO!" I practically cut him off. "I'll be fine. Thank you for checking on me. So sorry to startle you."

Suddenly I was startled myself at Harry's hand gently rubbing my leg.

"Just try to remember it was only a dream," his words stinging a bit considering the way my mind and body had made me believe my hands were his own. "It must've been a bad one, you're all sweaty," Harry observed looking up at my glistening forehead and the hair around my face wet.

"Yeah, it was pretty intense." I didn't lie. "Thanks again Harry for everything. Goodnight," I said hoping he'd take the cue to leave.

"Goodnight," he said walking towards the door. I watched him pull the door closed from the other side only to see it open again and Harry peek his curly head back into the room. "I'm always happy to lend a helping hand," he said through a smile and I heard him chuckle as he closed the door and crossed the hall.