84. Blushing Babydoll

"Babe, you need some sleep. It's already 9 o'clock there! Get to bed," Harry said with genuine concern and the overprotectiveness of a first-time parent.

"I'll go to sleep soon. I'm alright. Promise," I assured him.

"Are you going to sleep now?," he questioned.

"I can't sleep if I'm talking to you," I teased. "Goodnight Harry. I love you."

"Goodnight. I love you too. Call me in the morning."

"I will, goodnight."

Harry had become increasingly concerned over the past few days. I had suddenly been getting very tired. Not just to the point of needing to rest, but actually needing sleep. I even fell asleep during the Cleveland concert.

Harry had called the doctor and she reassured him that this was completely normal and that my body was working hard to become the perfect home for baby. Harry insisted I stay on tour a bit longer so he could take care of me, but I was just too exhausted. I wanted my bed. I wanted to not jet around from city to city. I wanted to actually rest. Harry agreed, but insisted "Dr. Styles" was on call and would be checking in on me frequently. And he really meant frequently.

Any free moment he had he would call, facetime, or text me asking how I was feeling, or quiz me on the how strenuous my daily activities had been. If he was busy with work for too long he'd have Gemma check in on me. Luckily Gemma had a firm grasp of how tenacious her brother could be, so her texts were always welcome.

Still pregnant?

Yeah, just like yesterday.

Still not skydiving, eating raw fish, or walking around the house on your hands and what not?

Nope. Feet firmly on the ground eating absolutely nothing undercooked.

Thought so. When he asks, tell him I guided you through meditation like he wanted. *eye roll* How is he more LA than you are? If you need anything give me a ring!

I was resting as much as I could, but resting would even become exhausting sometimes, at least mentally. I still wanted to do things, other than sleep and organize my prenatal vitamins. I peppered my days with final tweaks and approvals on my upcoming Taste fashion line and confirming details for the Paris fashion week debut. And the occasional ice cream run when my cravings demanded it, or when Harry's team demanded it.

Hannah from the London office had called me to remind that she hadn't seen any recent pap pictures of me that were in line with what was discussed at our meeting. I cringed thinking about that meeting. However, she did have a decent plan to keep my pregnancy a secret for a while longer. I called up Jessie for a girls' day. We'd go shopping for some suspiciously flowy tops, grab lunch, and then head to get some ice cream, all after having Harry's PR lady, Julie, tip off the paparazzi.

There was just one problem with my plan, Jessie didn't know I was pregnant. Harry and I had agreed to only tell family and his bandmates. I decided to hope that Jessie wouldn't be suspicious herself about my out of character shopping habits and would just go along with it.

"Where did your taste go? Why are you picking up such hideous shit?," Jess asked less than 10 minutes into shopping.

"I guess I'm just in a bohemian mood," I said shrugging and picking up another shapeless top of the rack at a store called Shopaholic.

"That is not bohemian, that is a floral garbage bag!," she balked and I rolled my eyes and put back the particular top she was offended by. "Ugh!," Jessie groaned and I assumed she hated the next top I was looking at. I looked up to see she was groaning for a different reason. "How on earth would the paparazzi know you are here? There's two guys snapping pictures of you shopping through the window."