52. Pure White

"Hey Liv!," Sara shouted as we walked into the empty studio where my model casting was being held.

"Hi Sara!," I said welcoming her into a hug. "I've missed you hun. Thanks for helping get all this together." I pulled back and looked at her. "You look so cute and innocent in your fresh summer white." Sara smiled and accepted my compliment.

She was wearing white cotton shorts with a white button up blouse tucked into the high waist. Her long dark brown hair was straight and pulled in front of her shoulders. She stood tall already, seeing as she was a model, but her nude high heels added to her height.

I had known Sara for about two years. She was in my first big fashion show and we'd been friends ever since. She was currently a Victoria's Secret angel with a hectic schedule, so we rarely saw each other. Still, I knew she'd be the person to call to help me with my models. Sara had a ton of friends in the industry and I knew she'd have more pull than I would in convincing them to model for me at fashion week.

"Hi, Sara. Good to see you again," Harry said leaning in to give her a hug.

"Hi," she returned as they separated from their hug. "Nice to see you again too Harry."

"Oh, how do you know each other?," I asked surprised.

"Um–," Harry began to say before Sara spoke.

"Harry's friends with a few of the VS girls. We met at one of their birthday parties a few months back," she explained with a smile.

Harry nodded in agreement, but her comment seemed to make him uncomfortable. He cleared his throat and shifted his eyes before turning to me.

"So what can I do babe?," Harry asked coming to stand by my side. He wrapped his arm behind my waist and kissed my cheek.

The affectionate gesture startled me somewhat, even though we weren't in any danger of being seen at the moment. Sara's eyes widened and she gave me the look. The look girls give each other when they're having an unspoken conversation about a guy who's right there. Her eyes were asking if Harry and I were together, clearly she was a bit shocked. When we had first discussed the casting I hadn't even told my best friends about Harry yet, so telling Sara didn't seem necessary. I returned her inquisitive look with a smile and softened eyes to let her know I was more than content with Harry. She smiled softly back.

"Just sit at the table with us and help us judge the models. Jot down any notes, if you'd like, about their walk and style. The we'll all discuss and pick somewhere between 12-15 guys," I explained.

"So, I get to be like Tyra Banks?," Harry said with a sudden blip of excitement.

"Sure Harry," I chuckled at him.

A few minutes later Ricki, my show director arrived. He was in charge of the flow of the fashion show and the manager of the models backstage. I made the introductions and he seemed to blush when I introduced him to Harry. I didn't blame him, Harry was quite a sight to behold.

We took our seats at a long table at the far end of the room. After about 10 minutes it seemed the majority of the models had arrived so I addressed them as a group.

"Hello, I'm Olivia Taylor, the designer. Our goal today is to find around 15 models that will be able to portray the look we want for my menswear collection that debuts this October at Paris fashion week. We want an edgy, rocker vibe with a bit of old Hollywood. When we call you in for your interview please hand Ricki your portfolio. Once we call on you, tell us a bit about your modeling experience. Then you'll be asked to walk, along with any other questions we may have for you. Today I've got my friend and model Sara Sampaio, who some of you may know," I gestured to Sara on my right, then motioned to Harry and Ricki on my left, "singer, Harry Styles, who is collaborating on this collection, and Ricki Gonzales, my show director. We may ask you to stay or to return for a call back. Either way, you will leave today knowing if you're a yes, a maybe, or a no for this particular show."