15. White Smiles

By the time we got to the studio Harry and I had managed to tease each other a few more times. Although it was incredibly fun to torture each other, it was also a terrible idea considering I was about to be meeting his band and colleagues for the first time. I'd have to find some way to hide my sexual frustration bubbling just below the service and I'd have to keep my hands off of Harry. We hadn't really discussed how to act in this sort of social setting. I knew in public, where paparazzi could be looming, we needed to be strictly platonic friends. Around his closest friends that he trusted I wasn't sure. I figured I'd just follow Harry's lead.

"Shall we?," Harry asked as he opened my car door and gestured with his arm extended for me to hop out of the car. I obliged and no sooner did my feet land on the pavement did Harry smack my ass firmly with his entire left palm splaying over my right cheek.

It was hard enough to sting, but not painful. If we hadn't been teasing the shit out of each other for the past hour it might have seemed out of nowhere. I think Harry regretted his actions at first, thinking he crossed a line, but when I validated him with a low hum from my throat, his lips curved up into that familiar grin. I pulled my lower lip between my teeth at the sting still radiating from where he made contact. Just as at the yogurt shop, he was leaving me with a feeling of his touch lingering on my body as we left the private safety net of his car for the outside world. And I didn't mind the stinging burn, in fact I rather enjoyed it. It was similar to getting a tattoo. There was certainly pain involved, but it was a pleasurable pain that coursed through my whole body making me feel incredibly alive.

"The fact that you may have enjoyed that more than me is going to be the only thing on my mind."

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said heavy with sarcasm as I pouted out my bottom lip. "Would you rather think about my lips wrapped around your-" I was cut off by Harry's teeth taking my lower lip between them as he frantically tried to keep me from saying another word. His nibble turned into a kiss and then a swirling of tongues. The kiss didn't last long, but it was certainly long enough for both of us to break away and take in a breath.

"No. Jumping. Bones," Harry scolded wagging his finger at me. I giggled at his attempt to make a serious face. I also chuckled considering he had started it this time.

"No jumping bones, not even this one," I mimicked back tapping my finger gently on the hardening form beneath his zipper. Harry closed his eyes and breathed in a deep sigh. "Okay, okay. I'm done. I'll be good," I said, not sure if I could honor my words, but genuinely going to try.

After a number of passcode protected doors and winding corridors we finally made it to the studio. Harry entered first and I watched as heads turned to greet him. I counted about five other people in the room. Three of them I recognized as his band mates, though I only could put Niall's name to his face because I knew he was the blonde one. I was aware the other two were Liam and Louis, but I honestly didn't know which was which. The others I assumed were fellow songwriters or musicians who shared the band's creative vision.

As Harry entered the room further and gave half bodied hugs, handshakes, and pats on the back to his mates he made sure to introduce me individually to each of them. I found the gesture and his manners sweet. Everyone was very warm towards me, and I was thankful that they kept on with their chatting and conversations instead of awkward silence or worse, questioning why I was here. Niall even put down his cheeseburger and wiped his hands on his pants before standing up to shake my hand. I made a mental note as Harry introduced me to the last two left in the room that Liam was the taller one with the bright white sneakers and just as bright smile. As he looked me over I noticed his smile fade a little, but I couldn't read why, having just met him. Louis was basically my twin. He wore checkered Vans, identical to mine except a different color, with no socks and had on black jeans with the ankles cuffed. He sported a Van's shirt as well, thankfully not the same fitted v-neck that I has chosen.