25. Pink Fleece

"So how did things go with the paparazzi when you left?," Harry asked as we relaxed on his roof top deck and sipped smoothies. Harry insisted he made the best green smoothies, and to be fair, they were pretty tasty.

Although last night had been a big step in our relationship, going from dating to exclusive and professing our love all in one step, today was pretty uneventful. I think we had both known how our feelings had blossomed, and Harry and I were absolutely no good at keeping our feelings from one another. Saying them out loud changed nothing other than the technicalities of our relationship. We were enjoying every minute with each other, whether that be rooftop small talk, deep conversations on the couch, breaths and moans in bed, or lying in silence as our hearts beat in sync and our minds wandered in thought.

"Good, I think? I hate doing press for my work, and I learned early on that if you give them what they want it's over much faster." I seriously dreaded media events and I would work myself up overthinking everything, like I always did. But, at the same time I was really good at sucking it up under pressure. "I just went out there and turned up the charm." I winked at Harry and laughed. "I hate lying though. I think convincing myself that the paparazzi are asshats made it easier." Harry snorted and spit out some of his smoothie. He wiped the green dribble from his chin before he spoke.

"Well I assume you did well. The only questions the asshats asked about you were related to fashion," he chuckled and I smiled at the way asshats sounded in his accent.

"What did you tell them?" I was curious what details Harry gave. Before he was able to answer, his phone rang. I could see his face was concerned when he saw the caller ID and he quickly answered the call.

"Hello Julie." Fuck was the first thought that came to mind. The PR woman that had essentially told Harry to stay away from me and got him all worked up was now interrupting our weekend together. I listened intently, though I pretended to be taking in the view. "Yeah, she was at the Corden taping. But-" I could tell she had cut him off. It was something I'd noticed Harry hated, but he always handled it so politely. "Oh? Which publications?" Harry was quiet as she spoke on the other line. I was already deep in a Google search of 'Harry Styles news' on my phone before he spoke again. "Jesus, that many? Well, yeah, we'll keep it going. It was our plan all along, if you remember. No, nothing planned today," he paused again. "Hold on, I'll ask." Harry pulled the phone from his ear and turned his attention to me. When I didn't look up from the search results on my phone, he reached his hand over to my lounge chair and tickled my thigh, like he often did, and I turned to him. "Baby, do you need anything from the fashion district for your line?"

"Uh, yeah. I could get some trim and see if they've gotten any new suiting fabric, why?" Harry held up his finger and mouthed 'just a second' as he brought the phone back up to his ear and relayed my answer to Julie.

"What time?" Harry nodded as if she could see him through the phone. "Oh course we can keep our hands off each other!," he protested a little more than necessary as his fingers fell to the inside of my thigh and his thumb slid back and forth over the edge of my short's pocket, purely out of habit. "Okay, we'll be there. Yeah, much better, thanks, no more Thai food for me." Harry made an embarrassed frown with his mouth and his eyes looked sideways to me as I tried to hold in a laugh. Thankfully he hung up the phone and I could giggle.

"She's happy about the articles then?," I asked Harry as I clasped my hand with his.

"How'd you know?," he said with a puzzled look on his face. I turned my phone to show him what Google had pulled up. "Read one, what's it say?" I clicked on one of the headlines and began to read.

Designing Direction: Harry Styles teams up with fashion designer Olivia Taylor

Boybander Harry Styles has more than just his name in common with fashion now. It seems he's collaborating with American designer Olivia Taylor, age 31, for her upcoming menswear line.