85. Men in Black

When I got home from my afternoon out with Jessie I fell back onto the bed with a hefty bounce. I certainly felt heftier. It could have been the tiny Styles growing inside of me, or it could have been all the food I had just consumed. Either way I was heavy and my bed felt amazing. I glanced at the clock and realized it was almost three o'clock here, so six in New York where Harry was at the moment. I'd be getting my evening call from him soon. Harry always called me at 6 PM his time. It was his last chance before he got called to get ready for the show each night, and even on his days off he would still call.

I let my eyes close and dangled my legs off the foot of the bed wondering how to tell Harry that I had spilled the beans about the baby to Jessie. Like clockwork my phone rang. I slid it from my pocket and swiped the screen with my eyes still closed.

"Hi sexy," I greeted him hoping flattery would help make telling him go over more smoothly.

"Um, hello pookie," replied a female voice.

My eyes sprung open and I pulled the phone from my ear to see who had called. Modest.

"Sorry, I thought you were Harry."

"I figured that wasn't for me. It's Julie from Harry's PR team. There are a TON of pictures of you from today, so thank you for that. This isn't just going to be a tabloid story, this will be picked up by most major media outlets. Anything One Direction is big news, but it always seems to be a bigger story when it's Harry. I just want to make sure you're prepared for the next few days."

Could I ever be prepared for how the world reacted to anyone associated to Harry Styles?

"I think so, I mean as prepared as I'm gonna be," I said probably not sounding as sure as Julie wanted to hear.

"Be prepared for camp outs outside your house, cars lining your street to follow you everywhere to see if you're going to doctor's appointments, and cameras in your face. And that's just the professionals who want the story. The fans are much more resourceful and determined, plus they may take this personally. Be careful and consider more security. They can be," she paused searching for the right word, "passionate."

I nodded before realizing she couldn't see me. "Alright," I finally answered.

"I'd like to give it three days of this storyline if we can. That means if you do leave the house, which you need to do at least two more times, wear something loose fitting. Ignore all questions asked of you. Do not respond to paparazzi or any reporters. I cannot stress this enough. We don't want you denying it because it could end the narrative and we don't want you on record lying when it does actually come out about the baby. Once you get the go ahead from myself or someone else on the team in three days or so I need you to go out in an outfit that makes you look anything but pregnant. Spanx are fine to wear, they won't pose any health risk, so don't worry. Make sure you go out to dinner somewhere high profile. Maybe Malibu to that place Harry likes? It needs to seem like a deliberate outing to deny the rumors, got it?"

"Got it." I was a bit in awe of how meticulous they were in planning out these sorts of things. I wondered if all of Hollywood worked like this. Probably.

I heard a beep on my phone telling me I was getting a call on the other line. This time it was Harry and he was giving me the perfect excuse to end this call with Julie.

"Harry's calling me on the other line, so I've got to run. Email me anything else I should know. Thanks Julie," I said without awaiting her response before clicking over to talk to Harry. "Hi sexy," I said again, but this time to the intended recipient.

"Hi gorgeous!," he chimed back with enthusiasm. "How was your day?"

"It was pretty good. I spent the day with Jess and the paps. What about you?"