46. Green with Envy

Apparently I wasn't joking about taking a coma when I talked to Gemma the day before. I woke up still in my clothes and on top of the covers after sleeping for twelve hours. It was just after 6:45 AM, much earlier than I would usually get up, but considering I had been on U.K. time for the past ten or so days it was late.

Still feeling somewhat in a sleepy haze, I rolled to the edge of the bed and grabbed my phone, well Harry's phone. I had promised to call him when I woke up, and I didn't want him to worry like he did last night. I saw there were a few texts and I couldn't resist seeing what they said. Two were from friends just saying hello or asking to meet up next time he was in town. The third was from Louis.

Hey Liv. Are you free to chat today?

I was surprised to see Louis had texted for me. Although I was probably closest with him out of all the guys in the band, we had never really chatted on the phone before. Maybe he just wanted to talk more about our argument in the elevator. It was intense, and although we had cleared the air, it had still been a trying situation for the both of us. I didn't want it to harm our friendships, and I assumed Louis felt the same. I typed out a response.

Sure Louis. Everything alright?

He didn't take much time to reply, but his response confused me more.

Yeah. Just need a little female perspective is all. Can I call you in an hour or so?

I wondered why he had chosen me over his sisters or anyone else, but I was still happy to help.

Sounds good.

Thanks. Talk to you then :P

I tapped on the phone icon to finally call Harry. Our conversation last night was short on account of the time and the level of tired we both were. It only rang once before he answered.

"Morning babe," Harry sung from the other line. "I take it you slept well?" He chuckled slightly.

"Hi baby. I slept like a brick. I guess I needed it. How's your day?"

"Not bad. I'm off for the next few days, so I'm actually chowing on take away pizza with Gems right now. She says hi."

"I said I want to say hi! Let me talk to her," Gemma's voice grumbled in the background. I heard a bit of a shuffle before she came on the line. "Hey Liv. Harry's being a bit possessive of your time, so I won't keep you long. I just wanted to say hi and see how goes it." I could just see the two of them bickering over the phone, the image made me smile.

"Hey Gemma. It's going good, took a coma as planned. Now I've got lots of work to do in my office to get back on track for fashion week."

"I'm a smidge envious of your coma, but not of working on a Sunday. Good luck with all that fashiony stuff." I could hear Gemma pull the phone away. Her voice was quieter and muffled as she scolded Harry. "Chill out Haz. I'll give her back in a minute." She uncovered the phone and her volume returned to normal. "Anyways, as you were saying, yes I do think Harry is a minger," Gemma took the opportunity to taunt and tease Harry. "Owww!" I heard her yell before Harry came on the line.

"Alright then, enough of that," Harry said and I chuckled at their playful antics. "I miss you babe, and I don't like sharing. What are you up to today?"

"Just getting back to work. I've got to wrap up the final specs for my line so the samples can be adjusted in time for fashion week. So, a lot of sitting at my desk." I was actually excited to get back to work after time off. I loved fashion, that's why I made it my career. Harry had reenergized me so that I took joy in it again.

"Mm, I remember your desk. I think I have still have a promise to make good on there." Harry's comment sent a tingle or warmth through me. He had long ago promised to take me on my desk, in so many words. Now that he had rekindled the thought I wondered if I'd be able to actually get any work done at my desk.

"I think you have more than one promise to make good on Harry. I seem to recall you promising to fuck me all over this house, my desk included."

"And I'm a man of my word Liv." Harry's tone was that serious rumble I had come to love. It was his seductive tone, though he was capable of seducing me with much less effort. "Although, right now I'm regretting bringing it up. This probably wasn't the best time," Harry said, realizing his sister was present and our conversation could go no further. "So... what else do you have planned then?," he asked, attempting to change the subject.

"Not much else, hopefully getting a new phone. Louis said he wanted to chat. Something about needing a woman's perspective. I've got no idea what it's about."

"I have an idea. I think he just needs advice. He doesn't always want to listen to me, even though I'm right," Harry chuckled to himself. "I should let you go babe. You've got stuff to do. I love you."

"I love you too. Oh, and Harry..." I trailed off, waiting for him to respond.

"Yes love?"

"I hope you're ready for some Skype sex tonight before you go to bed. Talk to you then, baby. Bye." I hung up the phone before he could respond, but I was certain I heard him curse under his breath.