44. Black Asphalt

The elevator finally dinged on the top floor. I did my best to compose myself as the doors opened. Harry was standing with his back against the wall directly opposite the elevator. His arms were folded across his middle and his face was contorted in a confused scowl. I turned up my tight lips and put on a smile as best as I could.

"What the hell Louis?," Harry said as he uncrossed his arms and threw his hands in the air.

"Oh lighten up Hazza. Just having a little fun and a chat with Liv." Louis nudged me with his elbow.

"Well did you have to do it when we've got an early show and she fucking leaves tomorrow. I mean, it's been a shit day Lou," Harry huffed.

"Sorry, mate. Just needed to sort some things out, is all. She's all yours now. I'm off to bed." Louis patted Harry on the front of his shoulder and nearly galloped down the hallway with his bag in tow.

"Is everything okay babe?" Harry placed his hand on the small of my back and lead me down the hall towards his room. He carried his bag over his shoulder.

"Yeah. There's just some stuff we need to talk about though," I said with my eyes trained on the floor.

Harry put the key card in the door and pushed it open. He dropped his bag off his shoulder and onto the bed, taking a seat beside it.

"Do we have to talk now babe. I'm tired and I just want to be with you. Today was exhausting." Harry stretched his arms over his head and yawned. He patted his thigh for me to come sit on his lap.

"We really should." I took a seat on his thighs and slung my left arm behind his neck. He circled his arms around me to hold me on his lap. "I kind of left out some details from today."

"What do you mean babe?"

"About getting the press pass." I held the pass still dangling around my neck up. Harry looked at me to elaborate. "So I mentioned how I ran into that reporter from Grimmy's thing, Trisha."

"Uh huh, the one you said was trying to get in my pants." Harry laughed.

"Yeah. So, that night, when she was asking about you and wanting an interview she gave me a business card to pass off, it had her hotel room written on the back. That's why I was so pissed at her. But I guess I had the wrong idea about her intentions." I stopped to replay the events of today in my head, trying to figure out how to best explain them to him. "Anyways, Trisha spotted me and called me over to the press pit. She made a comment that she knew I didn't mean to stand her up and," I paused, preparing myself to tell him, "she kissed me. She held onto the back of my head and seriously kissed me. It caught me off guard and I didn't kiss her back, but it happened, and now Louis says pictures of it are already on Twitter." I paused to let Harry process what I had told him before I continued.

"What the fuck?" His face reddened and his hands left my waist and balled into fists. "I know I shouldn't be mad but I am." His jaw flexed as he pursed his lips, making them more pink.

"Harry. I'm sorry. I had no idea that she was coming on to me. I didn't know she expected me to go to her hotel room last night. Please don't be mad at me," I pleaded.

"Babe, I'm not mad at you at all. I'm mad at her." Harry softened his expression and rubbed his hand along my back. I was relieved to hear him say he wasn't mad at me. "I know she doesn't know we're dating, but I'm still mad someone else kissed my girlfriend." I smiled because I had the same thought when I was mad about BitchTrisha wanting Harry, or so I thought. "What did you do after she kissed you?"

"I pushed her away and told her I had a boyfriend. She seemed embarrassed after that. She told me she assumed I was gay because I didn't drool over you at the dinner when she made some comment about you. That and because I was being nice to her, I guess. It's not the first time someone made that assumption, but it's the first time I've been kissed unwillingly. I think she'd tried to make up for it by giving me a press pass," I sighed, happy to get it all out. "So glad Cal saved me from the awkwardness."