88. Light in Your Eyes

Some days you wake up not knowing your life will change forever. Like the day I fell off a karaoke stage and met Harry. Other days you wake up knowing just how important the day is. That it has the potential to propel you forward or tether you down with the heavy weight of failure. As much as I hate surprises, I'd take the surprise option in this scenario any day.

But before I get into yet another life changing day of the many I had had since meeting Harry, there was, in fact, a day of surprises. The first of which came a day before my birthday.

"Happy Birthday Babe!," I heard Harry say in what felt like very close proximity to my face.

I opened my eyes to find him nearly nose to nose with me. His green eyes were open wide. He grinned like a kid on Christmas morning who knew he had been good all year.

"It's not my birthday Harry," I said closing my eyes and rolling back over in bed with a groan.

"I know, but you said you hate your birthdays so that's why we're going to celebrate a day early. I bet you weren't expecting that were you?"

I could feel the smirk on his face and when I opened my eyes I couldn't help but laugh. Harry was indeed smirking. He was also knelt on the bed with his arms akimbo looking proud of his clever plan.

"See! It's already starting with smiles and laughter!," Harry said as he reached for my hand. He gave a gentle tug. "Let's get up and ready for the day." He pulled me upright and planted a gentle kiss on my lips. The chasteness of his kiss was surprisingly comforting and it sent a slow moving warmth from my lips down into my shoulders and chest, like whiskey. It released any tension I had been unknowingly holding on to.

I wanted to ask questions about what Harry had planned. I wanted to tell him not to make a fuss over me. I wanted to demand that we took it easy today because it was his day off between shows at the O2 and I had my fashion week debut in a few days. I wanted to overthink and control it all. But I didn't. I repeated Harry's words from yesterday in my head. This could be the best time of our lives. Who was I to interfere with that.

Instead I went along with his plan and made only two requests. One, that he made sure to allow for snack and potty breaks, and two, that there would be no startling surprises that would make me scream and piss myself. When you're three and a half months pregnant peeing is always on your mind. Harry thankfully agreed.

As I got dressed I was regretting everything I had packed for this trip. Nothing seemed to fit or it was just too fitting. I put on one of the loose blousy tops I had picked out with Jessie just a couple weeks ago. It worked but I wondered how I had suddenly gotten so pregnant. I mean I knew how I had gotten pregnant. But, could you just look fine one day and pregnant the next? Was it normal? Was that a thing?

"You look beautiful Liv," Harry said from behind me in the reflection of the mirror. "You've got that glow thing that people talk about!" He waved his hand around his own face like a magician revealing an illusion. "There's like a light."

"Pregnancy glow?," I said doubtful.

"Yeah! That's the thing!" I laughed at Harry's enthusiasm.

"I don't know if I've got the glow, but I'm certainly feeling pregnant."

"Well I would be concerned if my pregnant girlfriend felt otherwise." Harry winked at me. "Are you all ready to go?"

"Well that depends. Do I look ready for what you have planned?"

Harry's eyes scanned me from head to toe a few times.

"You do, but in the interest of you having the best not-birthday birthday celebration, I suggest you bring an alternate outfit should you change your mind. And maybe some stuff to touch up your makeup. I'm only suggesting it as a precaution, not because I don't think you look exquisite. I know you like to be prepared."