56. Green Room

I touched down in LA just past noon local time. I unpacked, started laundry, and plopped down on my bed. I swear there was nothing better than your own bed after spending nights away.

Harry and the guys would be performing for another hour or so. I figured I could use the time to be productive and plan out my work week. This week wouldn't be nearly as busy as last week, well not with work anyways. I had a day at the shop, some stuff to do in the studio, and a call with Ricki to sort out things now that we'd chosen models. Aside from that, I had lunch with Jessie on Monday and now I had just scheduled an appointment with my doctor for Wednesday. It would be a pre-pregnancy checkup to make sure I was in good health for carrying a child and we would go over any questions I had about conceiving, should I get the green light. Then, on Friday Claire wanted to meet to catch up.

Claire had filled me in on details of Harry and Nadine's relationship, from the perspective of a directioner. The two had allegedly dated for a few months, starting this past winter. Apparently Harry was known for having winter girlfriends. They were seen out and about in New York, LA and Malibu, but never made anything official or gave a statement. Harry had thrown her a big birthday party in January, complete with a car full of balloons and she had attended Harry's birthday as well. It all seemed to end in March, when the two were no longer seen together. Claire confirmed the belief that Nadine broke it off with Harry, according to reports, because he wasn't making enough time for her and she wanted more commitment. She said Harry didn't seem to be broken up about it, carrying on as usual, from what she'd seen online. I knew she wasn't an inside source, but it had still helped to put me at ease to know there were no huge public declarations of love or anything. Claire assured me, just like Louis had, that Harry was good guy who wasn't a liar or a cheat. I knew this too, and I had never truly doubted Harry in all of this.

My phone chimed with a text and I hurried to see if it was Harry. I didn't want to miss his call, knowing he'd be tired and off to bed shortly after the show. Instead, it was a text from Jessie.

I know you told me to ignore rumors about your boyfriend, but he serenaded some blonde at the concert tonight. It's pretty obvious you've been replaced. Here's the video...

What the hell?

I pressed play on the concert video from Brussels and instantly laughed out loud watching Harry sing and dance with a blonde blow up doll to their song You and I.
*(See Video above)*

Fuck you for the heart attack!

I texted back to Jessie and she instantly replied.

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Now stop being paranoid. Love you.

I laughed again and realized she was right. I was being paranoid. Jessie knew me better than anyone, and she knew how to set me straight. But to be fair, I had never dated an international superstar who was gone for months at a time. An adjustment period and a small bout of paranoia seemed acceptable.

I heard the familiar bars of Fireproof echo from my phone. This time it was Harry.

"Hiii babe!," he said sounding out of breath. He was yelling and I could hear screams and music in the background. "Literally just ran offstage." I smiled at the thought he wasted no time in calling me. "That last minute flight killed me though. I'm beat."

"You don't have to stay up and talk to me Harry," I didn't want to keep him from getting his much needed rest. "Go back to the hotel and sleep."

"I want to stay up and talk to you babe. Besides, it takes me a while to wind down after a show anyways. That's why I called you straight from stage, so I could get in as much time with you as I could," Harry explained and I wondered again how he was so perfect.