Chapter 25

Im currently at the middle of the living room with 5 pairs of eyes staring deep into my soul. Theyre acting like theyve done something wrong. Just at the right moment—note the sarcasm—my phone pings indicating a new text. Could today get any better? Their eyes flicker to my pocket and back to me. I hope it wasnt Damien but luck is never on my side.

Before we get to your phone, we want you to know that were not really comfortable with you having male friends that we dont know. So, we need to meet each and every one and approve of them before you can have him or her as a friend Matteo says Now back to what happened today, your lab partner is a boy and hes kind of a good friend from our investigations so I guess you guys can hang out. On behalf of all our brothers, were sorry for overreacting Matteo says while all my brothers looked sorry.

Its okay I say smiling back at him. another issue we need to address is this boy named Damien who Luc seems to hate I say not really knowing why they dont like each other. I notice the sudden change in their mood when I said Damien. Whats so bad about him anyway? Just stay away from him all my brothers say in unison and then leave but Enzo and Sal didnt leave. Sals been quiet the whole time and its kinda weird.

Bambina, why did you ask about Damien? Enzo asked while Sal just watched. U-mm n-n- reas-son I hate stuttering. I mentally facepalm myself. Dont lie, Amore New nickname from Sal. At least hes not quiet anymore. Uhh-hh, well him and Luc kept shooting daggers at each other with their eyes. If looks could kill, theyd be dead Enzo and Sal just sigh. Its nothing to worry about alright? I nod and we all left. I went straight to my room to complete my math homework then I remembered the text. It was Damien. Good thing none of my brothers asked about it.

DAMIEN

Hey, its been forever

ME

Sorry, I was busy.

He then decided to ft me. This would be interesting. I pick up and I saw his face and his hair looked messy. We talked about a few things. He was really nice to talk to, he wasnt as bad as my brothers thought.

Why are you talking to him? I froze when I heard Sals voice then end the call immediately. You were told to stay away from him, werent you? he looked at me sternly. I nod and he sighs. Im not going to go hard on you but next time Ill tell Enzo about it I nod again and he was about to leave when I asked him a question.

Why did you come here anyway?. He turns back at me. I came to check up on you. I knocked on your door but you didnt answer but I heard you talking to a boy. So I walked in he said smirking. Oh that was the only thing I could say. Okay Goodnight he said, I replied and he left. I sighed and continued my math homework. I check my phone and see the unread message from Em asking me I I wanted to come over.

EM

Wanna come over?

ME

Yeah, maybe on Saturday, but Ill ask my brothers first 😊

After a few minutes she replied

EM

Okay, cool

I smile and go to find Enzo

EMILYS POV

Ive been talking to my cousin about his school. Dad said Ill start school on Monday with him. Well be in the same class so Im not really bothered about friends. He said he had a crush but he refused to tell me what her name was. He can be so frustrating. Besides, if he didnt want to tell me her name, why did he bring it up in the first place.

Damiennnnn, just tell me what her name is Ive been begging him to tell me but he doesnt want to. I walked in his room when he was on ft with her. He told me it was her but he didnt let me see her. Hes so annoying.

Im not telling you her name Damien said for the umpteenth time. Fine I give up. Hes not gonna tell me. I go back to my room and then I see a text from Lucy.

LUCY

Yeah, maybe on Saturday, but Ill ask my brothers first 😊

ME

Okay, cool.

I really havent talked to her for some time now. I wish we go to the same school so we could bond again. Id be so happy if we went to the same school. Itll be amazing. I hear a knock on my door then I went to get the door. I open it to see Rose, Damiens younger sister. Shes such a bundle of joy and Damien cares about her A LOT.

Hey Rose, what are you up to? I say smiling at her. She took my hand and dragged me to her room. Can be help me with this please? she brings out a book from her backpack and shows it to me. It was math. I suck at math but addition and subtraction are kinda easy. Sure she smiled and then we complete it. She tells me thank you and then I go downstairs for some water. I go to the kitchen and see dad and Uncle Marco talking about their business. Ive heard them mention guns, drugs and warehouse most times but when Im around they switch languages. I wonder why they do that. Anyway, I get a bottle of water then went back too my room and went to bed.

A/N: This one was long. Who wouldve known Damien and Em were cousins? Shocking

Thanks so much to everyone that has been voting for my book. It makes me happy to know that people actually like what Im writing. Thanks for all the support 💖

Anyway guys, dont forget to vote, comment and share

<333