Chapter 40

Damien's POV

I followed dad to work today. Apparently he wants to teach me some stuff about his mafia. Actually, I don't really want to get involved in it but I don't have any choice since it's a family thing.

I was on my phone but I noticed that he left the  room of the office open. I went to close it but I saw a girl pass by. She looked like Emily. 'What was Emily doing here?'  I followed her just to be sure then tapped her on her shoulder.

"Emily, what are you doing here?" She turned around in shock.

"What are you doing here?" She asked me back.

I raised my eyebrows at her giving her a 'really?' kind of look. She just sighed.

"We need to get you out of here" I told her but she didn't seem to want to go anywhere.

"What's this place about and why is it so creepy in here?" She asked. With all these questions, I didn't think she'd get home anytime soon.

Suddenly I heard footsteps and then she dashed off into a room. 'Why the fuck would she do that?' I went after her and I saw her frozen to a spot.

I went into the room and my face went pale from who I saw.

Dante looked at me and gave me a 'sorry' look. I couldn't even process anything.

'What was she doing here in this state?' I thought to myself. I went over to her but she was asleep on the chair. She had various cuts and bruises all over her body. She wasn't in a good condition at all.

She had dark circles around her eyes and looked paler than normal. Her lips were so dry, like she hadn't had water for a really long time. Dad had really done it this time.

Dante stepped aside and I carried her. She whimpered a bit in pain and I felt really bad for her. She didn't do anything to deserve this. You could tell her body aches in several ways.

Emily on the other hand went to Lucy's side immediately I dropped her on the bed. Now it made sense. This was the Lucy that she was telling me about. My heart aches seeing them both like this.

"When did dad bring her here?" I asked Dante who didn't look up from the ground.

"3 days ago" he said still not letting his gaze get to my eyes. I nodded and went over to Lucy. I caressed her face that felt really dry from her tears.

It was really hard for me to leave her here. I wish I could take her with me but sadly I can't. I have to find every possible way to get her out of here as soon as possible.

"Emily" she didn't look up at me. She had her hand wrapped around Lucy's hand and had tears streaming down her face.

I tried to comfort her and luckily she calmed down a bit.

"Who did this to her?" She asked in a really low tone. Emily, the bubbly girl that I know, asking in this tone.

"Are you in any way related to any of this?" She asked again, but her voice broke at the end. I shook my head.

"Look Emily, it's really hard for me to see you both in this state, but I promise I'll do what I can to get her out of here.  Now we have to leave before dad finds us here"

She nods and then we head back to dads office not before I glance back at Lucy. How could dad do such a thing.

Shortly after he came in and saw Emily and I.

"Don't worry, I found her immediately she got here" I said just to avoid any upcoming questions.  He nods and said it was time to go.

We pack our stuff and then leave the building. I couldn't help but think of Lucy on our way home. I'll have to talk to her brothers.