Chapter 41

Emily's POV
When we got home, dad was really mad at me for following uncle Marco. He said I was grounded for a month but I couldn't care less. All I wanted was my best friend back. I don't know why she was there but we had to get her out of there.

I hadn't told anyone about it yet, on the plus side, I hadn't left my room since we got back home. Mom tried getting me out but it was of no use. I didn't want to see anyone.

~~~

I woke up with a really bad headache. I guess I might have fallen asleep. I got up from my bed feeling a bit dizzy. I went to look for mom so I could get some painkillers for it but I mistakenly overheard an argument between Damien and uncle Marco and I couldn't help but eavesdrop on them.

"She's got nothing to do with all this, why would you involve her in the first place?" Damien said looking as angry as ever.

"She's getting involved because she's their sister" Uncle Damien said without an ounce of guilt.

"Besides, why would you care. It's not like you're better than me" Uncle Marco said with a smirk on his face.

Damien's face went pale.

"That was a mistake and it's never gonna happen again, besides, you made me do it" he said sounding hurt but he masked it.

"Yeah, it was a mistake" His dad said and then got up from the chair he was sitting in. Looking right at Damien's face.

"You're a monster" he said to Damien and then left him there alone.

I walked up to Damien. He had a stoic expression but his eyes held hurt in them.

"Don't listen to him, Damien, you're a good person. Don't let him put things in your head" I told him.

He looked at me, nodded and left, I'm guessing he went to his room.

Rose runs up to me looking sad.
(A/N: Rose is Damien's little sister)

"Emmy, why does Damien look so sad". Shoot. I had no idea what I was supposed to tell her. My bestfriend who he seems to know was kidnapped by his dad or his father called him a monster.

"He lost something important" I told her. She looked at me confused. Maybe she wanted me to say more?

"That's all I know, though" she looked at me with scrunched up eyebrows but didn't say anything.

"Um, Rose, do you know where my mom is?" I asked her. She nods and runs towards a direction.

I ran behind her and found mom in the library.
"Thanks" I told Rose and she smiled up at me.

"Lo siento, mamá" I apologized to her. Looking down at my feet. It wasn't her fault yet, I ignored her.
(I'm sorry, mom)

"Te perdono" she says and smiles at me
(I forgive you)

"It's okay, Em" she said and she pulled me into a hug.

"Mom" I called out to her.

"Yes, dear" she said while looking up from the book she had in her hand.

"I have this really bad headache. Do you have anything you could give me, please"

"Yes, darling, I'll be right back" she said and left.

Just then, uncle Marco came into the library.

"Daddyyy" Rose said running up to him. He smiled at her and crouched down to her level.

"Hello, Princess. Your teacher is in the living room. Can you go meet her?" He said with a smile, which I doubt is real.

"Okay" she said jumping up and down and then she sprinted out of the library, leaving uncle Marco and I behind.

I walked towards the door but uncle Marco grabbed my arm roughly.

"Please, let me go" I said to him calmly. He only smirked and came to my ear.

"Don't say a word about what you saw at the warehouse or you'll be sorry" and with that he pushed me to the floor and left.

By the way he gripped my arm, I'm sure that was going to leave a bruise very soon.

Shortly after mom came with the painkillers and some water. I took them instantly.

"Thank you" I said. She nodded and I went back to my room meeting Damien on my way.

"We're going to Lucy's house" he told me. "Be ready in 5 minutes" and then he went to his room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Long chapter since I haven't updated for a while now. Sorry about that.

Thank you all so much for 14k reads and all the votes. You guys are amazing.
❤️

Anyway, what did y'all think about this chapter?

Don't forget to vote, comment and share

<333