Chapter 42

This chapter is dedicated to
Juliet-Gomez

Thank you for being one of my greatest supporters.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Emily's POV
We were in the car on our way to the Ricci's. Daniel was taking us there. Damien and I sat at the back. He looked spaced out which was unusual especially for him. I don't blame him though.

He's just 15, yet he has a lot of responsibilities and his father just had to call him a monster. My curious self wanting to know what he did for his own father to call him that. But the other side of me wanted him to just calm down and tell him everything will be fine.

Suddenly I jerked up since the car stopped abruptly but Damien held me back on time. "Who knew seatbelts were actually necessary?" Damien turned to me like I was crazy.

"They are necessary and you should always put them on or else, I'll buckle you up myself"
He said and I smiled sheepishly.

The gates were opened up for us and we got in. I thought they weren't in good terms? Life can be confusing.

We walked in but I stuck to Damien. Our house was huge but theirs was on another level and I'd like if I didn't get lost.

Some guy opened the door and he kind of looked like Lucy. Wait a minute, she told me she had a twin. This must be her twin. He looked terrible though. Like he hadn't had sleep in days. I guess that's what happens when your sister is kidnapped.

"What are you doing here, Damien?" He said, his voice was really low. "Look, I don't have time to play your stupid games with you" Damien brushed him off.

"I need to speak to Lorenzo, Luc" the 'Luc' guy eyed him suspiciously but lead the way.  We got to an office and someone else was two people were in there. One was at the table while the other two were sitting on the coach by the side. Maybe the table guy was-

"Hello again, Lorenzo" Damien said to the table guy. He looked up from his laptop and nodded at him.

"You said you had something to tell me?" Damien nodded not taking his eyes off Lorenzo.

"Emily, can you please go with Luc. I promise I'll be there very soon" Damien told me. I eyed him sternly but I couldn't argue with him here.

Luc, who was on his phone a while ago was glaring at Lorenzo and Damien.

I sighed and walked over to Luc and then we were out of there.

~~~

"And that's how Lucy and I became best friends"

Luc looked at me in shock. Maybe he hasn't heard of friendships that lasted that long.

Staying with him wasn't that bad tbh. We got ice cream and watched a few movies while Damien and Lorenzo were still talking. And by we I mean Luc, his brothers and his cousins.

"How many siblings do you have anyway?" He thought about it for a moment.

"A lot" Seems like someone isn't a fan of math.

Damien came out but scrunched up his face when he saw the amount of boys there.

"Okay, Em, that's enough boys for today" he said and came over to me. Luc rolled his eyes at Damien and I punched his arm.

"Ow" Luc said rubbing his arm. I smiled innocently and stood up, standing next to Damien.

"Bye everyone, it was nice meeting you" I received more goodbyes than the people who were in the room.

When we got home, I went straight to my room and freshened up.

I went to Damien's room and then sat on his bed while he was in his phone. Can he ever put it down? I rolled my eyes at him.

"Don't roll your eyes at me" he said and I sighed, saying 'okay'.

"What did you talk to Lorenzo about anyway?" He looked up at me.

"You don't need to worry your little head bout that, alright?" I know that there was no way he was going to tell me so I just let it go.

I felt my phone vibrate so I checked it and saw a text from Luc.

Luc
Hi

Me
Hi

Luc
How are you? Btw tell Damien he's a jerk for me.

Me
Sure 👍 I'm fine btw. How're you?

I smiled at that and then Damien raised up his eye brows. He grabbed my phone before I could even react and saw it was Luc.

I grabbed my phone from his hand and dashed to my room.

"Get back here Emily" I heard him yell behind me. Before I could close the door to my room, he tackled me to the bed and tickled me so I would get tired.

"Stop, ahhh, I- I can't b-breathe" then he stopped. I sat back up looking at him.

"I leave you guys alone for 30 minutes and you already have his number?" He says looking frustrated.

"Yeah". He pinched the bridge of his nose. "Just be careful, okay" he says out of frustration.

"Yes, Damien" and then he goes back to his room.

I felt sleepy so I went to bed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Double update!!!

Don't forget to vote, comment and share

<333