Chapter 29

"What's your relationship with Damien?" I gulped. I'm going to be in so much trouble. Well, I already am-

"Lucy just answer me" He's already mad. I was told to stay away from him.

"I'm sorry" I don't know why I said it but I did. He looked confused, well I was too, I guess?

"Just tell me. Why did you meet him at the ice cream shop?" Shoot. I shouldn't have told Sal.

"Uh, it was um a coincidence?" It sounded more like a question than an answer. Just great.

"Lucy, don't lie to me" he had this kind of emotionless look on his face at the moment.

Suddenly a dam of tears was getting ready to break in my eyes and it was only a matter of time before it happened.

"H-he is-s m-m-my fr-ie-nd" I said as my lips quivered and my voice broke. I was looking down so he didn't see my tears in my eyes.

"Always look in the eyes of the person you're talking to, Lucy" he said. I couldn't raise my head so I just shook it and let it hang low.

"We'll continue this talk later. Right now I wasn't you to hand me your phone" What no. I wanted to talk with Em!

"Please, no" I tried begging him. I didn't want him to take the only connection I had with my best friend. Not that I didn't care about the other people I talk with on it.

"Lucy, I'll think about it. But for now I need you to give it to me" I brought the phone from my pocket and gave it to him.

"Can I go now" he sighed and said yes then I stood up and left.

On my way to my room, I bumped into something hard. I almost fell but the wall caught me just in time. Wait walls don't have arms.

I looked up and saw Sal with a sad look on his face. I smiled at him and then continued walking to my room when I heard him call my name.

I didn't bother turning back cause I just needed to be on my own. I walked in my room and closed the door. I fell on my bed and then the dam broke.

"Why can't I be happy? First mama. Then Em. Now this. I can't take it anymore" I sobbed. I felt someone's hand on my back. I turned around and then everything went black.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Cliffhanger *evil laugh*
What do y'all think about this chapter?

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share
<333