Chapter 38

Lorenzo's POV

It's been 12 years, we didn't get a call from her or a text, she didn't even bother to say hi and now she's here. I can't even deal with that right now. My priority right now is to get Lucy back.

"I'm sorry for running away with Lucy. I just didn't want her to get involved in your mafia business" she said looking down. I understand where she's coming from but that doesn't mean she could take our sister away.

I'll forgive her though, she's still my mother but it'll take some time of getting used to her being around again. Like I said, it's been 12 years.

Third POV

They had all gone their different ways when Enzo got a call from the unknown number. He wasn't expecting anyone to call him so it was kind of suspicious. He picked up the call and he heard the voice of the person he never wanted to hear again.

"Hello, Lorenzo" Marco said from the phone. Lorenzo hated Marco for what he did and couldn't ever forgive him.

Marco on the other hand was jealous of the Ricci's so he would do everything possible just to be on top of them. They had the world's biggest mafia and the most allies. He always wanted to be on top of them, he wanted to be the best.

He was a crazy man blinded by his obsessions.
Emily. He killed Emily. The only person Lorenzo loved. He just had to kill her just to be better than Lorenzo. He was just that cruel.

~Flashback~
Lorenzo and Emily went out for dinner at one the five star hotels that his family owned. He had gathered up the courage to finally propose to her.

"Emily, I fell in love from the first day I saw you. Your smile told me a lot of things and your eyes held a lot of emotions that couldn't be said. You left a hole in my heart that only you can fill.
Emily, you've always been there for me and I promise to always be there for you. I want to wake up and see you at the side of our bed smiling at me. I want us to grow old together"

He got down on one knee " Emily, you have always made me happy. You know how to turn my frown upside down."

He brought out the ring. Emily had tears gathering in her eyes. She was just so happy at that moment.

"Emily, will you marry me?" He said smiling at her in love and adoration.

She nodded her head, "Yes"

He got up and hugged her but immediately they separated, he felt her falling to the ground. She had been shot. It all happened so fast.

"I love you, Enzo" she said and then closed her eyes. That was it.

"No, Emily, No" he screamed. He had tears gathering in his eyes. He couldn't see clearly. The only face he saw when he looked up was Marcos smirking at him.

He hurriedly took her to the hospital, but it was too late. "I'm sorry sir, we tried our best, but there's nothing we can go" the doctor said to him.

His heart ached from hearing this.

"You'll pay Marco" that was the last thing he said before he left the hospital.

That was the day, he had an emotionless facade. That was the last day he expressed his emotions until they had gotten Lucy, just for her to get taken by Marcos.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A/N: Heyyy, how're y'all doing. Hope you liked this chapter.

Now we know why Enzo hates Marcos. He killed his one true love *crying hysterically*

Who would create such a monster??? (Realizing it's the author aka me)

Anyway, don't forget to vote, comment and share.
<333