Surprise

AN: So i've been thinking about doing just a random chapter to surprise you and I had a request come in for another Wolf x Jake, so here you go. Thank you  for requesting this in one of the comment sections. I forgot which one it was. We're also going back to the OG chapters because I kind of miss it. Back to before Wolf got beaten up by Gray and everything. My writing style has changed a lot since my last time here so this one is going to look different. I've been thinking about going back and revising some of my other stories as well. 

~Jake~

I know what gets on Wolf's nerves. I've also always liked to push his buttons. He gets mad so easily, how could I not? Today, Wolf was in an especially bad mood, so I decided to mess with him some more. In my opinion he needed to let go of some of that anger, but on the other hand he was cute when he was mad. The union always had something to do, and Donald liked to send me to do things. I learned to come here early a while ago, but so did Wolf. He had to show up for some other assignment for the meeting and ended up helping me retrieve files. I almost laughed at the face he made when he found out, but I composed myself before I did. 

We walked over to this weird looking building and I decided not to bother him too much. I did however, play around along the way. I did get serious when we walked in and walked right up to the person in charge. "Sent by Donald am I correct?" I nod at him "Him too?". I nod again and he hums "He didn't tell us two were coming". I shrug "Donald didn't tell us anything" he nods "So you don't know why he chose you". I shake my head and he scoffs "Alright, here" he tosses the file to the ground near Wolf. Wolf bent over to pick it up and I turned back towards the guy. I did until a fight broke loose behind me. I curse and hook my arms under his elbows and pulled him back against me. The other guy was laughing and I grabbed the files quickly before pulling Wolf out of the building. I pushed him in front of me "What was that?" he shook his head and turned around to keep walking. "Nothing, let's go" I grab his arm "Just tell me what happened". He pulled his arm out of my grip "Just leave it". 

We had gotten pretty far down the street before I pulled him into an alley and had him against the wall "What happened that pissed you off so badly". I knew his normal angry and this wasn't normal angry. "I'm fine leave me alone" I pull him back before he could leave. "Wolf I have never seen you that angry" I had his shoulders pushed into the wall. I always glanced between him and the wall to stay between the 3 second rule since I know how much it means to him. I couldn't care less about it though. "I'm fine, just go to the meeting" he pushes me off of him before walking off. I sighed before catching up with him and heading back to the meeting with him. We walked in and he sat down immediately while I handed the file to Donald. Everyone was in the middle of talking when we walked in, so we just sat down without saying anything. I was glancing at him throughout the meeting and at some point he noticed that I was. 

"What are you staring at?" I shrug "Just thinking". He rolls his eyes at me "About what?" I smirked "Nothing you need to worry about". He scoffed and crossed his arms before picking up his pace. I caught up with him laughing a little "Aright sorry, sorry. I was wondering what happened. You usually don't get that out of control under 3 seconds". He shrugs "None of your business" I groan "What happened that was so bad". He got a dark look on his face and I stupidly pressed on. "Come on Wolfie, you really gonna back down that easily?" he pushed me against the wall and had the front of my shirt in his fists. "Let's see how pissed you get when someone gropes you" he let go of me before walking off. I followed him awkwardly as we left the meeting.

The next couple of weeks were almost literal hell. It was obvious that Wolf was jumpy and paranoid of everything around him. It was getting to the point where everyone was noticing. I eventually tracked down where he lived and showed up. It was early in the morning, around 6:30, when I showed up. It took a minute for him to get to the door, but he eventually made it and when he opened it I was taken aback. He had horrible bed head, was shirtless, only in sweatpants, his face was flushed, his was rubbing his eyes, and was leaned against the door. His sweatpants were hanging loosely on his hips and he honestly looked like death itself came after him in his sleep. His glasses were also a mystery since they were nowhere to be seen. I say this because he had the door wide open and I could see his surprisingly clean apartment really well. "What?" he squinted when he looked at me and I smiled "Figured you could use some company".