91

L E O

"If you get one more paint blob on me I'm gonna..." Sofia trailed off, inhaling a sharp breath as she puffed her cheeks and stared at Callan with murderous green eyes.

"It was an accident," Callan laughed, ignoring the way Aaron shook his head in warning behind his sister. "It'll wash off," he dismissed, waving the paint brush in the air and purposely flicking more paint onto her flushed cheeks.

"Callan," she screeched in annoyance. Sofia didn't waste a second in returning the favour, moving faster than the speed of light, she leaned on her tiptoes and ran her own brush along his jaw, covering him in gunmetal grey.

"Here we go," Aaron muttered with a long sigh.

Ignoring his best friend for the second time, Callan gaped at her, sheepishly reaching up to brush his thumb across his stubble. "Oh," he smirked, making grabby hand motions as he reached for her. "It's on, sweetheart."

"Don't you dare!" Sofia pleaded, taking a nervous step back, trying to find safety behind Aaron who shook away from her. "No, no, no!" She tried to pull herself from Cal's grasp, but it was too late.

Callan wrapped his arms tightly around her torso, pulling her off her feet as he pressed their bodies (well, more hers) against the wall of wet paint. Red hair fading to gunmetal grey.

"Oh, come on," Carter huffed, throwing his paintbrush onto the sheet covered carpet with a loud groan as he extended his hands outward. "I just painted that."

"Stop being a whiny little bitch, Car," Ace ironically resorted, laughing loudly as he shoved our brother into the same wall he'd been complaining about.

"Paint fight bitches!" Kaden let out a war cry, charging towards Killian like a raging bull.

"Kaden, don't even think— " Dad tried to defuse the situation by catching him, but Kade was too quick.

Grey paint splattered everywhere as Kaden tackled our brother into the roller tray, much to Killian's dismay as the two of them lay in a heaped puddle of grey on the floor.

Alex looked at the mess with a sorrow expression; lips pinched together tightly as they fell downward, eyebrows furrowed as he ran his right hand across his jaw. His free hand twitched by his side, almost as if he was desperate to throw everyone out and deep clean my bedroom. I wouldn't put it past him to do that.

I kinda wanted him to do that.

Grey's face was the opposite of Alex's. He was angry, beyond so. I could see the redness creep up his neck as his blue eyes scanned the paint splatters on the ceiling down to the long prints Sofia and Carter's bodies had left on the wall. His jaw locked and he took a ragged breath, eyes shifting again, landing directly on the grey stained twins.

He looked at the sheets covering the floor beneath them, also soaked with paint and put his hands on his hips, the look screaming he means business. "If there is one single drop of paint on this carpet, so help me God I will—"

My brother didn't get to finish his sentence. Out of nowhere, well not nowhere, the brush in Dakota's hand to be specific, paint splattered across his face; his cheeks, his eyes, his hair... I'm sure a blob went in his mouth too. I was right about that, the curved up grimace and poked out tongue telling me so.

In what felt like a slow motion horror scene from a movie, Grey's face morphed to one of shock. After five painfully long and anxious seconds, he lifted his arm and wiped his white sleeve over his face to try and rid of the paint. We remained in a tedious silence, watching between him and a very smug Kota cautiously, just waiting for him to explode.