Tiffany

"This was why I wished your father wasn't overseas. Lord knows we'll probably drop this TV trying to carry it to your room," My mother, who pulled her micro braids into a ponytail, looked at the 50" TV that I just bought from Best Buy. The sun shined on us, making beads of sweat start to swell up on our honey-brown skin. We stood behind my mother's white Toyota sequoia, as she put her hands on her hips. "I don't know why I let you buy this big ass TV," she mumbled with a sigh. I shrugged my shoulders, that was covered in a black jacket. Though, I was thinking of taking it off; the Texas heat was pounding on me, slowly baking me like a potato. I grinned while I embraced her.

"'Cause I really wanted it, and you love me," I hummed, as she grumbled. "Get off me." "Plus, it's a 4k TV; my PlayStation will perform better with it. Everything will be so clear, it will be great." I grinned at her when I pulled away.

"You could play your PlayStation on a clear screen before," she rolled her eyes at me and looked at the TV again. I sighed softly, still smiling though. I felt like she was overreacting and I was just going to grab the box myself when a group of male voices started to come our way. My mom and I looked over to see a group of guys walking over. They were laughing as they walked. Gary, a guy that was in my class, tossed a black and green basketball in the air, then caught it with ease. Probably because he was on the basketball team. All four of them were.

Gary was the tallest out of all of them. He had to have been around 6'6 or 6'7; I wasn't sure, but my 5'8 self had to look up at him; at all of them. He was a tan complexion with gorgeous green eyes and brown hair. He shaved the sides and geld the top into a style. He had a gorgeous smile and an even more gorgeous personality. I don't think I've ever had a bad interaction with him

I knew his best friend, or who I assumed was his best friend, Anthony. Anthony was around 6'4 or 6'5; he was the second tallest. He had milk chocolate skin that was flawless. His smile was bright and friendly, and his eyes were a deep brown. His lashes feathered his face nicely. His hair was shaved on the sides, giving him a frohawk. He had hair on his chin and normally shaved everything but that, he sometimes let it grow though. He was also super friendly, anytime he talked to me, it never seemed like he was pretending have been nice; it was as if he actually cared. Which made sense, he was the face of the Dollen University Titan basketball team. He had many pictures around campus when it went closer to their season. He had also done many interviews for the school. He had no choice but have been nice, to save face.

The other two they walked with, I'd never met. But they were both pretty tall. As they walked, Anthony looked over and made eye contact with me. His eyes lit up and he grinned a boyish grin at me and waved. Before I could wave back, my mother suddenly spoke.

"Excuse me, boys, could you help us please." She asks, making my head turn to her in shock.

"Mom!" I said in a hushed tone. I sighed heavily and plastered on a polite smile as Anthony, Gary, and the other two walked over. Anthony was ahead of them and smiled at us.

"Yes ma'am?" He asks respectfully. Gary half smiled, waiting for my mom to talk. The wind blew a bit harshly, making me stumble slightly.

"Whoa," I said.

"Right, the wind is ridiculous, it's probably going to rain." One of the guys that I didn't know said to me. His skin was a bit deeper than Anthony and he had a low cut. He also was British.

"Maybe," I replied.

"My daughter bought this big ol' TV, and I was wondering if you guys could help us carry it to her room." My mom said with a half smile, while she looked at the boys.

"Of course, we were heading up anyways." Anthony shows off his gorgeous smile as he responded. "Jonesy weren't you just talking about how strong you were? Go ahead and help me." Anthony teased with a knowing look. Jonesy, the one that commented about the wind, grinned a boyish grin.