Anthony

To say I was happy would be an understatement. Since Tiffany and I fixed our communication, we've been texting every day. Granit, most of our conversation was about video games, but just talking to her so often was good for me. When we played Fortnite, we'd use the mics so we could talk and I could hear her sweet voice. We mainly strategized and had little personal conversations. That was fine with me too. Eventually, she'll open up to me. At the moment, I just enjoyed my time with her.

"So are you going to come to Parents' Weekend?" I asked my mom who was on the speakerphone. I slipped on a plain red shirt, then went to grab my dark washed jeans. I was getting ready to go to calculus.

"Of course I am, baby. Your father will be coming as well," she said. I rolled my eyes, happy we weren't FaceTiming. I loved my father, he was amazing, but he hated my major. He wanted me to do something sports related while I wanted Computer Engineering with a minor in Business. I wanted to work and create my own technology but my father just wanted me to join the NBA. I was definitely talented at the sport, and wouldn't have a problem getting in, especially with my father's connections. However, it wasn't my main goal in life. Basketball was just a hobby to me. Computers, apps, software- those were my life. Plus if I did join the NBA, would I even have time to work on designs for a new phone or an app? I sighed and grabbed my shoes.

"That's cool," I replied to my mom, then sat on my bed, getting my shoes set up. My mind drifts back to Tiffany as my mom, once again explains that my father just wants what is best for me. I make "uh-huh" noises here and there. I wonder if I should ask Tiffany out now, or just wait...we're barely even friends. She'd probably say no...I could ask Mary for advice. She is a woman after all. But she has a crush on me, and would probably give me the wrong advice.

"Anthony, you there honey?" Mom asked. I looked at the phone, then half smiled.

"Yeah, I'm here Ma...I have a question," I said, slightly nervous. I never really talked to my mom about girls before, mainly because I never took them as seriously as I took Tiffany.

"What's up, honey?" She asked sweetly.

"So, uh," I scratched my head and then just came out with it. "How did dad ask you out?" She paused then replied.

"Well, we were friends at first, then one day he just told me I was his girlfriend," She giggled. I couldn't help but laugh as well.

"What? And you accepted that?"

"I mean, we were already...being "active" while being friends, so it made sense," She said softly. I make a face of disgust. I put my face in my hands, shaking my head. My parents were friends with benefits before actually getting together. "Why? What's going on hun?"

"I was just thinking about asking this girl out," I put the phone to my ear, turning the speaker off.

"Oh really?" She sounded excited. I smirked. "Who? What is her name?"

"Her name is Tiffany. She's great," I said with a smile.

"Are you guys...active?" She asked. I frowned.

"Mom...no, wow, no we're not," I covered my face. "We're barely friends honestly," I mumbled.

"What? Well, why would you want to ask her out then?" She asked.

"Because I know her well enough. She's beautiful and caring...She plays video games, and she can sing; I just feel happy when I'm with her," I said with a small smile.

"Well, that sounds good honey...but I would try to get to know her more. You can't have a relationship without friendship," she said. "Also, remember to be respectful. Chivalry is not dead Anthony," She said seriously. I stood.