Tiffany

"So will you be coming to parents weekend?" I asked my mom as I pushed my buggy through the aisles of Walmart. I decided to make the ten minute walk to the neighborhood store. I felt the cramps that indicated that I was going to be starting my cycle soon. I wanted to be on top of things, so I was picking up some pads as well as some medicine. Whenever I walked to the store, I always talked on the phone with my mom, or my brother Callum, for some reason it made me feel like I was safe.

"Of course baby! I've already taken the day off. Callum won't make it because he has football practice. You know the coaches won't let the boys take a day off unless they are literally dying." She said, I made a face.

"Yeah, it's high school football, not the NFL," I stated.

"Right, but hey, your baby brother is working hard. He'll probably get a scholarship to Baylor if he can get this calculus grade back up." She stated. I smiled softly. Callum was hecka smart and was a great football player. I was excited to see what happened to him after he graduated.

"I'm excited for him. But I'm also excited to see you Mom!" I said happily, as I pushed my buggy to the soda aisle. I was in the mood for Vanilla Coke.

"Uh-huh, you're just excited to stay at the hotel with me," She argued. I laughed.

"I can't help it. I love the little soaps," I replied, then looked at my phone as it vibrated. It was on 10%. Crap. "Mom, my phone is about to die, and I don't wanna walk back with it dead," I said frowning.

"Ok, well let me know when you get back to the dorm." She replied seriously.

"Yes ma'am, love you," I replied. She told me she loved me back before we hung up. I needed to check out and get the heck out of here.

000

After I checked out, I grabbed my bag and was about to walk outside when I saw the worst thing that could happen to me right now. Rain.

"Crap," I said as the sky rumbled, sending a menacing tone throughout Walmarts entrance as if laughing at my dismay.

"Tell me about it," This white guy said next to me, he looked exasperated, but he put the 3 ring binder he just bought over his head and booked it. I watched in awe and jealousy. At least he had a car. I had nothing. Neither did Derick, my cousin double crap.

I could wait it out, but who knows how long the storm was going to last. I could be here for hours. Triple crap! Call me if you need anything. Anthony's voice rang in my ear like a drum. I pressed my lips together. Do I dare call him? The thunder clapped loudly, shaking the building slightly.

"I guess that's a yes," I mumbled, then turned to sit on a vacant bench that was next to the buggies. I put my bags down and pulled out my phone that was hanging on to life by a 7% thread. I sighed looking at his name.

"Here goes nothing," I pressed the dial and put it up to my ear.

One ring.

Two rings...

Three rings...Damn it...

Four-

"Hello?" His smooth deep voice entered my ears. I could hear other voices in the background and the sound of shooting?? They must be playing a game. Now I feel bad.

"Oh, hi," I rubbed my hand on my pants leg.

"What's up, how are you doing?" He asked. I bit my bottom lip before talking.

"I'm actually in a pickle. Are you busy?" I asked.

"Just playing COD with the fellas. What's wrong Tiffany?" He asked, the sincerity in his voice made me even more reluctant to ask him for help. What a good guy.