Anthony

"Mom," I grinned as I walked into the parking lot of my dorm. My mother, who was slender and about my skin complexion, was wearing khaki shorts and a white shirt. She turned around from my father, who she was talking to, standing next to their Audi SUV.

"Hello sweetie," She grinned at me as I allowed myself to fall into her warm embrace. There was nothing like hugging my mom. She kissed my cheek as I pulled back to half smile at my dad.

"Hello," I greeted him and allowed him to hug me briefly.

"Son! You look good. Ready for basketball season to start?" And there it was. It was always basketball with him. He pulled his sunglasses on top of his smooth head to look me over.

"Of course, are you ready for the activities?" I asked as we started walking towards the dorm.

"Will there be food?" He asked.

"Chances are very high," I looked at him with a chuckle. I think I liked food so much because my dad was a big foodie. Though, like myself, he didn't hold it on him. Even at age 47.

"So, where is Tiffany?" Mom asked, my red alert came on in my head. Why would she say that in front of Dad? She hooked arms with me and looked up at me as Dad turned to look at me.

"Oh yeah, Anita was telling me about some girl you have a crush on," He said. My jaw dropped.

"Mom, you told him?" I asked, shocked. He frowned.

"Why can't I know?" As mom says. "I don't hold secrets from my husband honey," She patted my cheek. We got to the entrance and I opened the door for my mom as Dad spoke.

"All I'm saying is wrap it up. We don't need anything messing with your future," He gave me a look. I groaned as I walked in the door behind them.

"Guys, I don't know what you think I'm doing out here, but I'm not having sex," My mom gave me a look.

"Anthony, you shouldn't be ashamed. It's a natural thing," She pressed the elevator button. "And your age, it's extremely common. When me and your father were your age-"

"Nita, I don't think he needs to hear about all that," Dad grabbed her hand. She half smiled, looking at him with a disgustingly knowing look. I looked away from them.

"Anyways, I'm going to be buying you some protection before we leave." She said in a no nonsense tone. I sighed heavily stepping into the elevator.

This was gonna be a long weekend.

000

After relaxing in my dorm room, my parents and I headed to the recreational field behind the gym. There were flyers everywhere about different events that were going to be happening. Food stands from different clubs, games, and much more. Everyone seemed to be having a good time.

"Oh look, parents vs. students basketball game." My mom said.

Mom, come on. I thought as my dad clapped my shoulder.

"Are you ready to play son? Where do we sign up?" He asked. I sighed.

"Dad, can't we like, I dunno, relax," He frowned.

"Anthony, I haven't seen you play in a while. I have to make sure your form is still good. This is an important year. You already have scouts looking at you, and you graduate next semester," He said seriously. I sighed again looking at the flier, then I smiled.

"It says sign up closes at noon, it's 12:30," I looked at him.

"Well, the hotel has a gym, we can lift weights later," He looked disappointed. I shrugged, that sounded better than critical basketball.