Anthony

My body hurts. My stomach and my shoulder. What the hell? I grunted as flashes of earlier today came to me. I was shot! Holy shit! Am I alive? I swear I saw that light people talk about. Am I tripping?
"Anthony? Can you hear me? Wake up son" Dad? Am I still at Aunt Kyra's house? "Please, Anthony," his voice wavered. Dad doesn't cry. I gotta wake up. I can't have him crying on his birthday. I grunted and tried to open my eyes. Why was it so hard? Who was holding down my eyelids?
"You can do it sweetheart," Mom. I could feel her hand on my leg. Mom, I'm trying. I wanted to say. My throat started to hurt as I felt overwhelmed. Why can't I wake up?
"Anthony, were all waiting for you," Tiffany? Where am I? No way she made it here in 5 minutes. Open eyes! I demanded.
________
Bright lights blinded me. My eyes closed instantly. Holy damn, why was the light so bright. I went to move my arm, but pain coursed down my body.
"Ah," I winced and blinked as I heard sighs of relief, and my dad telling me not to move too much.
"Thank God, " Mrs.Faith? I opened my eyes, as a group of my family looked at me. What? I looked around. I was in a hospital. When did all this happen? I looked at them again. I then look at Tiffany who was to my left. She was crying with a grin.
"Anthony," she breathed. She held my hand and I half smiled at her then look at my mom and dad to my right.
"You're at Baylor Scott and White son," my dad said.
"Ok," I croaked, then used the arm that wasn't in pain to touch my throat, I made a face. Why did I sound like that? I gave my hand back to Tiffany.
"You need water, I'll go get a nurse," Dad let go of my hand, and it was instantly grabbed by my mom. I swallowed and grunted again. It was hard to swallow, and I was still tired - but I was curious as to why they were staring at me. What did I do? I looked up at Tiffany curiously. She simply smiled and kissed my forehead. Her eyes looked tired, but happy. She also looked a little worried, especially when the Doctor walked in. She moved to the base of the bed as he grinned at me.
"Welcome back Mr. Brown," he and his nurse ran some test on me. I clenched my toes, my hands, followed a light with eyes and stated my name and birthday. I sipped my water slowly, but it hurt to swallow. I made a face pulling away from the straw the nurse held at my lips. I thanked her though as Dr. Marshal started talking.
"So, Mr. Brown, do you know exactly how you ended up here?" The room tensed as I spoke softly.
"Some guy shot me," I stated.I sounded like a bull frog.
"Yes," he said with a nod. "So, we had to do emergency surgery on you to get the bullet out and to do a blood from futation on you. Luckily your dad is the same blood type as you, so that helped us out alot. However, you did lose alot of blood. We had to bring you back to us," I blinked.
What?
I look around at my family. They looked at me sadly. I looked back at the doctor as my mom squeezed my hand for comfort. "But, as I figured, you're a fighter and won the battle. You're strong healthy male, but just a little banged up," A little? I died! I yelled in my head. "We're gonna keep you hear a little longer to mointer you and give you a bit there physical theropy with your arm and stomach alright?" I nodded, "As for your diet, I'm going to have you on liquids for right now and we'll move from there," he write on his clip board, "Are you hungry now?" he asked.
"No sir," I said softly. I died.
"Ok, well let us know you need anything," he smiled kindly at us before he and the nurse left, I laid back fully and swallowed.
I died.
__________
My family, along with Tiffanys, went get to food while Tiffany stayed back with me. She sat in a chair next to me, holding my hand. We both watched SpongeBob, but I kept turning to look in at her, finding she looked tired but as beautiful asusual. I wanted to hug her, and kiss her. But I just knew my breath was kicking. I sighed heavily. What I wouldn't give for a tooth bush. It's been a week. A whole fucking week. I don't remember shit from this week.
What I wouldn't give to not remember that I died.
"Are you ok? Are you in pain?" Tiffany asked. I looked at her. She looked concerned.
"Um," Was I ok? Not really. I was still slightly confused, angry,sad and happy all at the same time. "No? And No." I stated. "I don't feel any, pain right now. The meds are pretty strong." I looked at her. Was she real? Am I actually dead, and this is my heaven?
"You can talk to me. Tell me what's wrong." She turned to face me fully. I pressed my lips together.
"Well," I said thinking. "I died." I stated. "Three times...what the fuck?" I said looking at her. "Like, what do I do with that? I feel like I'm here, but also foggy, like I'm dreaming. How do I know, that I'm not dead and this is like a dream?" I questioned and looked down as my eyes watery. "I feel lost." I said. "And I'm pissed off. I was shot! I died because my cousin fucks around with gangs," I looked at her."I don't want to blame him, but I can't help but feel rage when I think about him. I don't want to hate him, but right now," I didn't want to say I hated everything that he was but he killed me. Not literally, but by association. If he wasn't hanging around Leon, I wouldn't be in this prediument. I hit the bed with my good arm and I cried angrily. She sniffled and I looked up at her. Her eyes were watery too. She rubbed my hand and brought it to her lips, then back up at me. "I love you," I said. As more tears rolled down my face. "I love you so much. I've been in love with you for the longest time. I just never acted until you needed help with your TV." I sniffled. She blushed with slightly wide eyes, "I could have died died, and not told you that you're my everything. I love you " I said again as she cups my face and kissed me. I kissed her back, but I pulled away almost instantly.
"My breath stinks," I frowned.
"I don't care, I love you too," she said. I looked at her and my eyes widen slight. "I want to be with you forever, I love you Anthony," she said be for kissing me again. I grinned and kissed her as our tears of sadnessed, mixed to happiness. She pulled back with a giggle. "Your breath does really stink though,"  she laughed resting her for head on mine. I chuckled with a blush. I looked into her eyes with a smile.
"I love you"
___________
"Bye guys," I waved at Cole, Cary, and Jonesy on the FaceTime call before hanging up. School was back in and I was still in the hospital. I scratched my beard that been has growing. For freaking ever, as I put my phone down. I have officially been in the hospital for a week and two days.
"I love your friends, the are good to you," Tiffany said fluffing my pillow.
"Yeah, I miss them," I chuckled as she lays next to me on my goodside.
"They miss you too. Cole found my IG and has been asking for updates everyday."
"He's definitely loyal," I chuckled then made a face. With by stomach fucked, laughing hurt.
"Sorry," she sat away from me as if she hurt me.
"I'm good," I pull her to sit next to me. I kissed her head, "But Tiffy, you gotta go back to school,"I said, although it pained me to say. I didn't want her to leave, and I wouldn't have asked her if it wasn't for our parents, but I know she needed to. She pouted and cuddled into me.
"I know," she said. "I don't want to leave you," She looked up at me.
"I'm fine now. I'm just a call away ," I smiled softly trying to comfort her. She frowned and held me.
"You were just a call away before too. I'm scared," she admitted. I held her. I understood how she felt. Tif had been my rock this entire time. When the police came to interview me, she sat next to me holding my hand as I retold what happened. She was able to ground me when I felt like I was spirling in the nightmare of this being so lucid dream. I didn't want her to leave me. But she needed to leave go back.
"Tiffany," I kissed her head gently."I promise I'll only be here or my house, I'll be safe." I kiss her gently, "I love you" I said. She smiles sweetly.
"I love you too."
_______
This is the last chapter 😫 next next upload will be the epilogue.
Here is a picture I drew of Anthony....I suck at drawing guys though, I need more practice 😅

I suck at drawing guys though, I need more practice 😅

I will see you guys soon!
~Adrianna