Tiffany

The next day, after spending time with my mom, Mrs.Anita texted mom and asked if we all wanted to meet at Dallas Fine Cuts, a Steak restaurant. So we decided to go with them. I was excited to eat.

"Are you excited to see your boyfriend?" Mom asked suddenly as we parked in the parking lot. I coughed.

"Boyfriend?" I asked, looking at her. She giggled at me. "He's not my boyfriend. Plus this other girl likes him so it doesn't matter anyway," I took off my seat belt.

"Does he like her? That girl that stormed off earlier?" She asked while she turned the truck off.

"No, he's made it very clear, but still. I'm kinda her friend...not really...I don't know," I sighed with a shrug.

"So...you have a crush on him?" Mom nudged me. I blushed with groan.

"I think that he's an attractive male, and he's my friend," I mumbled while slipping out of the car. I stuffed my hands in my jacket pockets, waiting for my mom in front of the car.

"Well he likes you and if you like him, go for it," She grinned. I rolled my eyes, looking down as we walked to the entrance. I wasn't even sure if I liked him, let alone if I wanted a boyfriend. It was my senior year of college, kinda. What was the point of getting a boyfriend now? I needed to just focus on school and getting my teaching certification.

However, when I looked up and saw Anthony standing against the wall looking at his watch, I couldn't help but to admire him. He wore black jeans with a white shirt and blue jean jacket. He had on nice shoes and a chain. Like always, he looked fashion forward. I wondered if that was his thing: always looking nice. He looked up, and saw me and my mom. He grinned his megawatt smile at us, making my heart beat faster.

"Hi Mrs. Faith," He said waving at Mom. Then he looked at me. I noticed his eyes softening, and his smile relaxed to be more gentle.

"Hey Tif," He always greeted me with care. I smiled back at him, and allow him to embrace me. I hugged him back gently. He smelled so good, and was so warm. I closed my eyes briefly, then pulled back.

"Hi," I looked up at him.

"You look really pretty," He suddenly said. I felt my face heat up.

"Thank you," I replied, staring up at him. My mom giggled behind me, and I pulled all the way away from him.

"Come on in, we're still waiting. The host said it would take like 15 minutes or so," He said, holding the door open for us. We thanked him, and we were greeted by Mrs. Anita waving us over to where they were waiting. We walked over. Mrs. Anita pulled me into a hug. Everyone likes to hug in this family huh? I thought as I looked at Mr.Samuel, who simply nodded at me.

Ok, not everyone.

We sat in the waiting lounge, my mom and Mrs. Anita talking animatedly with each other, while Mr.Samuel was looking at his phone. He was always doing stuff that wasn't talking to his wife or son, what's up with that? I shrugged to myself, then pulled out my notebook, to review some notes from class. I could feel Anthony looking at me, but I didn't look back. What was his deal? I wondered.

"Hey Tif," He said. I looked at him only to be greeted by his phone and the sound of a picture being taken. I gasped.

"Anthony!" I exclaimed louder than necessary, causing people to look at us as I reached for the phone. He laughed holding it up. "Bro! I look like a total duck, delete it," I glared at him. He snickered at my reaction when I pulled back crossing my arms.

"You look fine, look," He said, showing me the picture. I peered down to see myself looking at him with a curious gaze. My lips parted slightly, and the lighting was good too. I sighed, then face forward again.