Anthony

March

"I'll miss you, " I kissed Tiffany as we stood in front of her car. It was March, the Friday before we left for spring break.
"I'll miss you too," she held me close. I kiss her delectable neck, then lips. I knew I wouldn't see her over the break, considering my dad's birthday was coming up. I felt sad about it. We hadn't made love yet because of our schedules and no moment had ever been night. However, we've had multiple sleepovers where she'd come over and we'd instantly sleep or cuddle.
"Drive safe, call me when get you home," I kissed her again.
"Ok," she said, getting in her car smiling, I leaned against her door and smiled softly.
I love you.
"You have my heart," I said softly. She turned on her car.
"Ditto," she teased , knowing I hated the 'ditto' thing. I liked hearing the words. I pouted, poking my bottom lip out.
"Tiffany!" I exclaimed, she giggled and leaned up to peck my lips.
"My heart belongs to you Anthony." she smiled and rubbed her nose on mine gently. I flushed and smiled happily.
"See you later, "I waved as she pulled off.

____________

It was Sunday, my dads birthday. All he wanted to do was workout with me, which was an easy request on his part, but my mom threw a surprise party at Aunt Kyra's house. Even I was surprised. And while my dad was having fun, and enjoyed his time, he was still eager to get to the gym.
"Why don't you go honey, just swing by to pick me up on the way home," Mom said like the party was mainly for her. Dad grinned at me. I chuckled softly.
"Can I go to Unc?" Ryan asked, walking over, already in gym clothes. I chuckled at that. Bro was ready.
"Of course,"Dad grinned happily. Probably happy we actually wanted to hang out with him. As much as we disagreed, I loved my dad. I preferred to see him smile than scowl. "Let me grab us some bottled water then we can head out."
_____________
Ryan and I waited in the front of his house. As we waited for my dad. We stood by the truck as we talked casually,
"I'm definitely going to hoop when we get there." Ryan tossed the basketball in the air.
"I think I'm gonna lift first," I replied, catching the ball mid air. Ryan laughed at me, then tried to take the ball from me, as I crossed him.
"I gotta get moves like you," he said, while I tossed the ball back to him. I was about to respond when a car parked in front of the house, we looked over curiously.
"Fuck Leon!" A male yelled and started shooting.
"Get down!" Ryan yelled when pain shot through me. I cried out as I fell back. I groaned as the car sped off.
"Anthony!" Ryan yelled as I tried to catch my breath. The sting was so intense. I tried to sit up, but the pain was paralyzing.
"Boys?" I heard my dad. I wanted to reply, but the pain was overwhelming. I felt like I couldn't breathe.
"Unc, help!" Ryan was crying, I could near my mom scream but it sounded far away.
"Oh no, no, no, no, son!" I cracked my eyes, the best I could. It felt like cement was on them. My dad looked worried, and scared. I've never seen that look on him before. I wanted to comfort him, so I tried to sit up.
"Da," I tried and he held me. Then I coughed and tasted blood.
"The ambulance is on the way," I could hear Kyra.
"Put pressure on his arm and stomach, " Dad barked at whoever was close to me. He held me in his lap, keeping me elevated. I gasped and it became hard to breathe. I felt like I was about to pass out.
"Stay awake  Anthony. Don't pass out," my mom cried, she was holding my hand. Everything sounded so far away, like I was suddenly underwater and I was trying to swim up. I could see black dots overcoming my vision, as my eyes got heavier. The ringing in my ear got overwhelmingly loud until it was quiet.
I could see Tiffany. Her smile. I didn't want to leave yet. She turns to walk away from me, going towards a light. I frowned.
"Tiffany, come back!" I then saw my mom, and my dad, they all walked ahead of me. They were leaving me behind!
"Tiffany; mom! Dad please! Comeback!"
I love you, please, I love-
___________