Introduction

"My name is Craig Tucker,

Last week was my 18th birthday,

I got 200 dollars and a new jacket, which was nice, mine was falling apart."

-

It was mid-November in South Park, Colorado. An extended break has just ended at South Park Senior High School, due to extreme weather conditions.

Craig Tucker meets his best (and, admittedly, only) friend outside of his house.

"Clyde..." said Craig.

"Thanks for the warm greeting!" Clyde jokes.

Clyde touches Craig's jacket, "Hey, man sick jacket, that new?".

"Yea, it was for my birthday, it has this NASA patch on the back and a few hidden zippers." 

"SNORE!!! Dude, you sound like such a nerd sometimes. It's time to get out of that space phase, it's juvenile"

"Wow Clyde, you just learn that word?"

"Hey, fuck you man, I know plenty of words"

Craig flips Clyde off in response, and Clyde laughs. This is normal for this friendship. 

Clyde and Craig have been friends since the fourth grade. When Craig broke up with his (now ex) boyfriend, Tweek,  their friend group split up. Clyde stuck with Craig and their other friend, Tolkien, was on Tweek's side. Tolkien and Clyde don't have any bad blood with anyone, but they are loyal.

Meanwhile, at Tweek Tweek's house.

"AGH!" A loud thump is heard from the second floor.

"Tweek? Sweetie? Everything alright?" Tweeks mother pops her head out of the kitchen.

"Y-yes mom! Just slipped!" Tweek rushes to regain composure.

"Well get down here and get your coffee, you'll be late for school! Tolkien is waiting outside!"

"Ok-okay! Coming!". He runs downstairs, hastily trying to button up his green shirt.

"Oh! Tweek are you sure you don't want a jacket? It's getting chilly outside!"

Tweek gives his mom an annoyed look and grabs his coffee. "I'll see you later mom!" he waves and hops out the front door.

"Good morning, Tweek." Tolkien greets Tweek with a smile.

"Morn- ACK! Morning Tolkien!" Tweek awkwardly trips down his driveway.

"Hey man, what are you so nervous about?" Tolkien asked as he noticed Tweeks increased twitching.

"It's been over a week since we last came to sc -school, What if- What if something bad happens!" 

Tolkien chuckles a bit "You need to get your irrational fears under check. Nothing bad is gonna happen, it's just a normal school day."

Tweek nods. As the pair approach the school, Tolkien sees Clyde, and he politely waves.

"GAH! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT!" Tweek ducks behind Tolkien 

"What? What'd I do?" Tolkien looks confused. 

"YOU WAVED AT CLYDE!" Tweek gets increasingly more nervous.

"Okay... and...?"

Tweek groans, "AND!!! CRAIG!!! RIGHT!! NEXT!!! TO!!! HIM!!". 

Tolkien blinks and then glances over at Clyde and Craig.

Craig hears the commotion and looks at the mess unfolding before him. He notices Tweek and scoffs. 

Tweek and Craig make eye contact. Craig tilts his head up a little so that he's looking down at the twitching boy. He scowls for a second then turns away and enters the school, Clyde jogs to catch up.

"...Tolkien... TELL ME you saw how he was l-looking at me!" Tweek is visibly angry. 

"Yeah...." Tolkien is still watching them enter the school, he looks confused. "Don't pay any mind to him, at least he didn't flip you off this time." He turns back to Tweek and helps him back to his feet.

"I d-don't care what he does! He is such an asshole! He used to be so nice, I-I hate him!" Tweek is clenching his fists and almost drops his coffee before Tolkien calms him down.

-

"Dude," Clyde says as Craig speeds to his locker. Craig flips him off before working on his locker code.

"Craig, dude. Why do you still hate the poor kid? You scare the shit out of him every time you look at him." Clyde leans against a locker.

"Right, maybe he just needs to deal with it and stop being such a pussy."

"Harsh."

Craig rolls his eyes and shuts his locker. They both head to the first period together and soon enough, it was time for lunch.

Clyde talks as the pair walk down the hallway, "Craig, buddy, you gotta get me a date with Red, we could seriously become a great couple! You get me with Red and I can put in a few good words into Bebe! I know you have a thing for blondes!~" Clyde elbows Craig and raises his eyebrows. 

Craig is not entertained.

-

Tweek is sitting at a lunch table, holding his thermos. 

"Hey Tolkien, I'm gonna go grab my backpack. I left it in 3rd period." Tweek says as he gets up.

 "Haha.. ok spaz, are you taking your coffee with you?". 

"Yea, I'm feeling anxious today." Tweek exits to the hallway.

The halls are mostly empty as Tweek heads toward his class on the second floor. He hears voices around the corner and instinctively dives behind a trash can to stay hidden.

"The FUCK was that??"

"I dunno man, go check it out if you want, we are going to get lunch."

Heavy footsteps approach Tweek, he peeks around the corner and ends up getting seen.

"Shit."

Eric Cartman. The school bully who especially hates Tweek.

"HEY TWEEKER! YOU DOIN' DRUGS OVER THERE?"

"shit shit shit shit.."

Tweek yelps as the bully approaches him. 

Eric starts on his usual speech of slurs and laughter. Eric grabs the thermos from Tweeks hands.

 "H-hey! Give it b-back!" Tweek can't help his stutter at times like this. 

The bully just laughs and holds it above his head. Soon, more footsteps are heard heading toward them. 

"No! Not more people! GAH!"

A deep, calm voice echoes down the hall. "Hey! Fatass! Quit yelling. Someone is already getting a teacher so stop whatever you're doing" 

Eric scoffs. He looks down at Tweek and back at the person down the hall.

The voice continues, "You already know you don't have a chance of winning a fight against me, I kicked your ass just last month."

The bully scowls and storms down the hall toward the voice. Tweek peaks around the corner to see who it was.

It's Craig Tucker.