Coma

-3 months later-

Craig wakes up in his apartment, he slowly sits up and gets ready for school. He only has a few more months until he graduates. He gets in his car and drives to school.

Clyde and Tolkien meet him before school.

Tolkien threw a container towards Craig, "Hey, I think you should have this. It was in his belongings. They are giving his stuff to close friends and family now. This should be yours."

Craig looks down at the beat-up thermos he had just been given, it had a scratched-up red racer sticker on it. Craig tears up.

"Why would they give his things away..."

Clyde sighs and puts his hand on Craig's shoulder, "They're accepting the situation, Craig. You should start accepting it too. It's been 3 months since he went into a coma. He may never wake up at this point. You know that."

Craig wipes his eyes. "Sure... But there's still a chance, right? People have woken up from comas after years..."

"That's really rare, Tweek isn't in a good condition. You see him every day. He's frail, skin and bones at this point. Even if he woke up now, he probably wouldn't be able to move. He has no muscle left."

Craig puts the thermos in his backpack and walks away from his two friends without saying anything else.

Tolkien looks at Clyde, "He looks terrible."

"Yeah, he hasn't slept well since the incident. His boyfriend fell limp in his arms and never woke up, that would mess anyone up."

"Poor guy... Both he and Tweek are suffering a lot, all because of one bigoted asshole."

"At least they got David, his trial just finished, did you hear? They found him guilty of manipulation of police evidence, false threats, and attempted murder. And Tweek's parents are going to a trial for drugs and child abuse next week. I think once those three are all put away Craig will start to recover."

"Maybe. What he really needs is to accept Tweek's condition. But this is a step forward at least."

Clyde nods.

-

Craig gets off work at 7 pm. Every day after work he goes to the hospital to visit Tweek. He is the closest thing to family Tweek has left.

Craig arrives at the hospital and goes to the gift shop to get new flowers for the vase in Tweek's room. He goes in and replaces the flowers. Then he sits next to Tweek, holding his hand.

A nurse comes in to talk to Craig, "Hello, Mr.Tucker. May I speak to you for a moment about Tweek?"

"Sure."

"Well, we have been looking at his charts, as you already know, his chances of coming out of the coma right now are less than 2%. We are more than happy to keep him on life support, but his body is starting to fail. We wanted to recommend you have us pull the plug before his organs start failing."

Craig looks to Tweek and tightens his grip on his hand. He begins to cry, "Sorry, I can't make that decision right now, can you give me some more time..."

"Yes, of course. Let me know if you need anything." The nurse exits the room.

Craig kisses Tweeks forehead. "Come on, bunny... I know you're still fighting... Please come back to me."