False hope

Craig meets Clyde before school as usual.

"How'd it go? Your little date with Tweek?" Clyde winks at Craig

"It wasn't a date. And it went fine." Craig is unusually tame

"Woah."

"What?"

"Something totally happened"

"It didn't"

"What happened? Did you fight?"

"Nothing happened!"

"So bashful! What, did you sleep with him or something?"

Craig's ears turn red, he pulls his hat down over his eyes.

"No. Way." Clyde drops his jaw. 

"Shut it! I didn't sleep with him, we just... I don't know... I just helped him out a little bit. It all happened so fast... And he looked so..." Craig trails off as he realizes what he's saying.

"NO WAY." Clyde gawks, "YOU! AND TWEEK??"Clyde keeps repeating himself in disbelief. 

Craig flips him off. 

"Ok man, I'll drop it for now. But does this mean you two are back together? Even after that huge fight the other day?"

"No. I don't have feelings for him. This was a one-time thing, a mistake." Craig says coldly. 

"Brrrr" Clyde fake shivers at Craig's comment. 

They both enter the school. 

-

Craig trudges through the day, watching the clock in every class. 

The fifth period starts.

Craig and Clyde sit down at their usual table. 

"Tweek isn't here today I guess," Clyde says. 

"Right.." Craig responds, relieved.  

The teacher claps his hands and begins the class. "Now that you have all had time to get a good start on your project, I'll be handing out a sub assignment to take home. Each pair must complete both papers, one per partner. You will be writing about the efforts of teamwork among the Native Americans." 

The teacher hands out papers. "Craig, your partner isn't here today, take his paper and bring it to him. These are due next class, so get on it." 

"God damn it." Craig sighs. 

He puts Tweek's assignment in his folder and works independently until the bell rings.

"Hey man, you walking with me today?" Clyde is waiting by Craig's locker.

"Only for a little bit, I need to take a detour today." 

-

Craig waves goodbye to Clyde and heads over to Tweeks house. Once he arrives, he knocks on the door.

Tweek opens the door. 

The two of them stare at each other for a moment.

"Hey, Tweek, I have-" 

The door slams in Craig's face before he finishes. Craig sighs and knocks again. 

Tweek slowly opens the door and peaks out. His face is bright red.

"Tweek. This is homework, I have to give it to you. It's due tomorrow." He slides the paper through the slight crack in the door. 

As Craig starts to walk away Tweek speaks.

"C-Craig! Wait! I-I want to talk a-about yesterday..."

"I don't."

"What?" 

"What happened was a mistake. Don't worry it won't happen again."

"WAIT- Craig I enjoyed..."

"I didn't. Let's just go back to how we were before this dumb project."

Tweek starts to shake, "FINE!". He slams the door and stomps off to his room. 

"What an asshole! D-did yesterday really mean nothing to him? The look in his eyes was so caring, and he was so gentle with me. He handled me so well, who does that and calls it a mistake? I don't know why I thought he was changing, he is the same jerk he has been all these years! Damn it..." 

Tweek grabs a cup of coffee and begins his assignment.