Slipping

Tweek hangs up his phone call with Craig. He smiles. He felt truly at peace. He hugs his pillow and squeals into it, kicking his legs.

Tweek makes his way out the door with his coffee, he meets up with Tolkien.

"Hello, Tolkien!"

"So... Two questions, why are you so happy and what happened to your face? Are you okay?"

"Well I got in a little fight yesterday, I got patched up before it got too bad so I'm okay. And I'm happy because... Okay, get ready for this."

"Im so ready."

"Craig was the one who found me. He carried me. He let me cry on him. He's the one who took care of my injuries. He kept comforting me, telling me everything was gonna be okay. After he calmed me down we walked to that park across the street. We sat in the grass and talked for a while, and then... He kissed me... And I kissed back. We made out for so long, I had lost track of time. After we got up he walked me home, and he even answered when I called him at 4 am this morning."

Tolkien blinks a few times in confusion. "You- What?"

"We like each other... And he saved me..."

"Tweek... I'm happy for you and all but how can you be sure he isn't playing with you again? It was only a couple of weeks ago that he called his time with you a 'mistake'."

Tweek looks at his feet as he walks. "No... I know he's genuine this time... The look in his eyes. You don't look at someone with that look unless you love them."

Tolkien sighs, "As long as you're happy, just be careful."

"I'll be okay, thanks for worrying."

"You're my best friend. I'll always worry. By the way... Who did that to your face?"

"It's... complicated..."

"How can it be complicated? Some kid beat you up, this is kinda a big deal."

"I just want to think about the situation a bit more. I'll tell you who did it someday, I just need to process."

"Whatever you say."

Tolkien and Tweek approach the school, and Craig is standing alone by the front door. Tolkien shoots Tweek a look, and Tweek smiles in return before he runs towards the school.

"Hi, Craig!"

"Hey, Tweek. How are you feeling, does your face still hurt?"

"Im feeling a lot better thanks to you. And no, my face feels fine."

"Are you sure, your lip is a bit swollen..."

"Craig... That was your fault."

"What do you mean? I never-" Craig realizes what Tweek is talking about. He looks away. Tweek finds this bashful behavior to be adorable. He smiles and grabs Craig's hand, bringing it to his cheek.

"I'll be okay. You're here after all. You said you'd protect me. More or less."

"I will. I'm still worried though... Are you safe?"

"Well im-"

Tolkien catches up to the pair, "Hey Tweek, Hey Craig. It's been a while since I've seen this scene..."

Craig rubs the back of his neck, "Hey, Tolkien. Sorry for being an asshole."

"Hey man, I'm not the one you should be apologizing to. Im gonna head in, you two have fun."

Tolkien enters the school, Craig grabs Tweeks hand and pulls him around to the side of the school. Craig hesitates a bit before speaking, "I've been meaning to talk to you. I really want to apologize. For everything over the past few years. I didn't know how to express the pain and loneliness I was feeling and I took it out on you because you were the-"

Craig is cut off when Tweek presses his lips against Craig's. He closes his eyes and leans into the kiss.

"It's okay Craig, don't worry about that. I wasn't very cool to you either."

"I missed you, Tweek."

"Me too."

Craig presses Tweek against the wall, kissing him deeply.

"Mmph! Craig! We have to go to class!"

Craig kisses Tweek one more time, "Go out with me."

"What?"

"Go out with me, Tweek." Craig stares into Tweeks eyes, he's serious.

Tweeks face flushes bright red. "Okay."

Craig smiles, that smile that could make Tweek lose his mind, Tweek wished he could be the only one to see that amazing smile.

Craig kisses Tweek again before Tweek starts to push him away.

"Craig. School."

"Oh right. Okay, I'll see you during the fifth period, yeah?"

"Okay. See you later." Tweek smiles and turns to walk into the school.

Craig crouches down and puts his head in his hands. His ears are bright red.

He smiles.