Distance

After Tweek gets off work he heads over to the ice cream shop that he and David had agreed on. He got there first so he sat down at a table and scrolled through his phone as he waited. 

"Heya, Tweek!" David sits down across from Tweek.

Tweek looks up to greet David, but he stops for a second before saying anything.

"C-Craig?"

"Oh, right. He came with me because I didn't know my way to the shop. Once we got here he said that since he already came out he might as well stick around. More or less."

"O-oh... I see. Well, hi."

Craig sits down, he looks somewhat hesitant.

"Neither you nor David has any idea what's going on with the project anyway. This would've been no different than a date if I hadn't shown up."

Tweek blushes at Craig's statement. "R-right..."

They all start working on the speech, and after a few hours of writing and practice, they were done.

David stretches and yawns. "Aww man, we have been sitting here for so long. Im so ready to get out of here."

"Y-yea, me too."

Craig gets up and picks up his backpack. "I'm leaving. Are you coming with me or not David?"

"I dunno, I think I can find my way back on my own. Me and Tweek are gonna hang out a bit longer, maybe walk around."

"We are??"

"Do you not want to?"

"N-no it's okay! I would love to."

Craig furrows his brow a bit before leaving the shop, he has a bad feeling about this but he doesn't have an excuse to keep hanging around them. 

Tweek and David start walking around the park, Tweek was pointing out all the places people would hang out.

"And this is s-starks pond. Lots of people come here for picnics or sports and stuff like that. It's super nice in the spring." 

"Oh cool. I'll have to find some people to play sports ball with. Do you play?"

"Ah- No. I used to play sports when I was younger but after I started going out with Craig, no one wanted to play with me because of my sexual orientation..." 

"You're dating Craig?"

"Oh! No, we stopped doing that a long long time ago."

"Oh good, so you aren't like that anymore."

"Like what?"

"You know... Faggy?"

"Well just because I stopped dating guys doesn't mean I stopped liking them."

David stays silent for a few minutes. He looks at Tweek with disdain. 

"I-is something wrong?"

"Oh, sorry, no, everything is cool. I'm just tired. It's getting late, we should both get home. I'll see you on Monday Tweek."

"Oh, okay! See you then. Bye, David." Tweek smiles at him and walks back to his home. 

"He didn't seem too upset when I mentioned I was gay... I was just testing the waters but I'm pretty sure he's cool with it. He's a cool dude." 

Tweeks mood was much better than it had been a week prior, did he make another friend? He was excited about the future. 

-

David returns home and goes to his shared room, Craig is in there lying on his back while petting Stripe. 

"Hey, Craig. I have a question."

"What?" Craig doesn't look up from Stripe. 

"Are you gay?"

Craig sits up and looks concerned. "Why..?"

"Tweek said he dated you."

"That was a long time ago."

"So you aren't gay?"

"No."

"Oh good. You had me worried for a moment. I guess that Tweek kid is though."

"Maybe."

"Do you ever get worried that he might still have a thing for you?"

"That's none of my business."

"You're so boring to talk to sometimes."

"Sure."

David rolls his eyes before heading downstairs.

Craig turns over onto his side and holds Stripe, his ears are red.