[03]

STEVE SIGHS DEEPLY as Colonel Phillips refuses his demand to go after Schmidt, together with Peggy, Howard and Freya

''You're an experiment, your going back to the camp.'' Phillip simply says. ''The serum worked.'' Steve tries to defend.

''I asked for an army, and all I got was you.'' the Colonel banters back again.

''You are not enough.''

Steve and Freya sigh deeply at the thought of being separated, both of them sharing a sore full glance.

''With all due respect to the Colonel, I think he may be missing the point. I've seen you in action, Steve. More importantly, the country has seen it. Paper.'' Brandt explains to Steve.

''The enlistment lines have been around the block since your picture hit the newsstand.'' he says, making Freya smile.

''You don't take a symbol like that and hide him in a camp.'' Brandt says kindly. ''Son, do you want to serve your country on the most important battlefield of the war?''

''Sir, I want nothing more.'' Steve says with a dangerously determent look in his eyes, after taking a quick glance at Freya.

''Then congratulations, you just got promoted.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''I don't know if I can do this

''I don't know if I can do this.'' Steve says as he awkwardly looks at Freya, who hands him his hat.

''You can do this. I believe in you, Stevie. You'll be an American hero!'' the Goddess exclaims happily.

''This is just not how I pictured getting there.'' Steve sighs deeply.

''Come on you can do this, hero.'' Freya says with a bright smile, Steve shooting back an even brighter one.

''I believe in you.'' the Goddess says as she stands on her tippy toes, planting a kiss on Steve's cheek.

The soldier's eyes widen as his hand involuntary comes up to the place Freya's lips lingered, a blush creeping up on his face.