[25]

THE GODDESS SHOOTS UP in bed, her face covered in sweat and her cheeks full of tears

THE GODDESS SHOOTS UP in bed, her face covered in sweat and her cheeks full of tears. Steve quickly looks at Freya - who's now sitting up with her head in her hands - with a concerned look. Freya breathes heavily as she tries to recover from her nightmare. Her shirt clings to the sweat on her back.

''Nightmare again?'' Rogers softly asks, wrapping her up in strong arms as he plants kisses to her crown.

''17 times in a row.'' Freya replies with a dry chuckle, trying to shake away her thoughts.

''Was it the same one?'' He asks, tilting up her chin to make her look at him. ''Yes. Asgard up in flames, falling to ruins. With Surtur at the center of them all.'' The Goddess softly replies.

''I have no idea what it means. I have this horrible feeling creeping up in my body- I-'' She sighs, cutting herself off as she thinks things over.

''Doll, maybe you should seek some peace. Visit Asgard, to make sure everything's okay.'' Steve eventually suggests, running his hand through her messy hair.

''Maybe.'' Freya mutters, her eyes slowly closing and the sleep taking over at the feeling of Steve's body heat radiating on her.

⭑ ⭑ ⭑

''I won't be long, it is just for a little while

''I won't be long, it is just for a little while.''

The Avengers all nod, standing outside of the Compound to wave the Goddess goodbye.

''Keep the boys in check, Nat.'' Freya grins as Romanoff wraps her up in a hug. ''It's gonna be hard without you. Thank God I have Wanda, otherwise I'm going to lose my mind.'' Natasha remarks as they pull apart.

The Goddess of Love and War walks forward, when she sees Sam bumping Steve's side and whispering something to him.

''When are you gonna ask?'' Wilson mutters, making the Captain's eyes slightly widen.

''Shut up.'' Rogers hastily whispers back, keeping up a straight smile to Freya. Steve hands are stuffed in his pockets, his fingers softly tracing the rounding of the engagement ring in it.