[38]

THE LOUD SOUND of their baby's cry had woken Freya up, but she was purely exhausted and quickly fell asleep again

THE LOUD SOUND of their baby's cry had woken Freya up, but she was purely exhausted and quickly fell asleep again. The Goddess was surprised when she woke up a few hours later to the feeling of Steve's arm wrapped beneath her body for a change.

''Steve..'' Freya mumbles through her sleep.

''Steve, you've got to stop coddling him.'' She slowly pleads. Their baby was laying on Steve's chest, Rogers' eyes plastered on his lazy smile.

''Frey, he was crying!'' He whines like a 5-year-old.

''He's a baby. Baby's cry all the time! You can't bring him to our room every time he gives a little kick.''

''I can't help it.'' Steve whines again, planting a kiss to the little boy's head.

Slowly, he starts cooing and he curls up on Steve's chest.

''Hey, James... are you comfortable with daddy?'' Freya asks in a soft, squeaky voice, leaning her head on Steve's chest.

The little boy simply coos.

James Samual Loki Rogers, born on the 24th of July, is currently 4 months old.

He had been named after the 3 most important men in both their lives. Sam in his life, Loki in hers.

Bucky in both of their lives.

''I'll get started on breakfast.'' Steve says as he slowly puts James in his mother's arms and stands up.

Steve had been exceptionally happy for the past months, seemingly forgetting the pain he felt prior to that.

But that pain does come back every single night.

When Freya walks into the kitchen with James on her hip, she meets the sight of Steve sweetly humming the sound of We'll Meet Again.

Their song.

''Hey.'' The Goddess giggles as she plants a kiss to his lips.

''Hi.'' Steve quips as he kisses her back, before handing her a cup of coffee.

Freya had really taken a liking to it in the past months she's lived on Earth.

She gladly accepts it with a smile, the engagement ring on her finger shining against the porcelain.

Thor lives nearby, in their village - New Asgard. But he's doing worse everyday. The God hardly comes down anymore, it breaks Freya's heart.

''Hey, Jamie. Are you ready to see auntie Nat?'' Steve asks in a slightly pitched voice, running his large fingers over James' cheek.

Natasha Romanoff and Thor Odinson are the Godparents of James, and both of them love him to death.

They spoil him to death, too.