[41]

QUIETLY, Thor, Freya and Rocket wait for Jane Foster to move along the hallways of the Asgardian Palace Thor and Freya grew up in - which is now

QUIETLY, Thor, Freya and Rocket wait for Jane Foster to move along the hallways of the Asgardian Palace Thor and Freya grew up in - which is now... gone - and to leave 2013 Thor, as Freya calls him - who is now also gone. Because the Thor Freya sees now is not the one she grew up with for more than a thousand years.

''All right. Here's the deal, tubby. You're gonna charm her, and I'm gonna like her with this thing and extract the Reality Stone and get gone lickety-split while Freya keeps an eye out for people in these abnormally extravagant hallways.'' Rocket says.

Seeing Thor take another sip of his beer makes both Freya and Rocket sigh.

''Why?'' The God mutters as he looks a round.

''She's the only one who can still be mistaking for her younger self, that's why.'' The Raccoon quips in response.

''I'll be right back, okay? The wine cellar is just down here. Father used to have this huge barrel of Aakonian Ale. I'll see if the scullery has a couple of to-go cups.''

Rocket's mouth falls agape and he shoots a helplessly at Freya. Unfortunately, she's wearing the same
expression.

''Hey. Hey! Aren't you drunk enough already?'' He whisper-screams.

''Brother, get back here!'' Freya says in the same hushed tone as Thor walks away.

Suddenly, the sound of a large door opening and closing startles them all, quickly, they press their bodies against the pillar.

Peeking around the corner, both Thor's and Freya's stomach twist at the sight of their mother on the other side of the castle.

She's saying something about bringing Loki soup and asking the librarians to pull something from some shelf.

Honestly, Freya doesn't really hear.

As if her body moves herself, the Goddess walks forward. Keeping her eyes plastered on her mother, walking the mirrored hallway a dozen feet away.

Thor does the same, the air is his lungs escaping as he watches her move by so peacefully.

If only she knows what's to come.

''Who's the fancy broad?''

The Asgardian siblings snap out of their trance.

''That's- uh- that's our mother.'' Freya mumbles, her eyes slightly welling up in tears.

''She dies today.'' Thor adds on.