[28]

THE DOOR SCREECHES LOUDLY as it's being thrown to a close

THE DOOR SCREECHES LOUDLY as it's being thrown to a close. Freya and Thor stand up with a groan, before pounding their fists at the steel door. The Asgardian siblings groan in annoyance, when a voice suddenly cuts through.

''Hey, hey, hey. Take it easy, guys.'' They look up, their eyebrows furrowed in confusion. ''Over here. The pile of rocks waving at you.'' He says.

''Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Korg. I'm kind of like the leader in here. I'm made of rocks, as you can see, but don't let that intimidate you. You don't need to be scared, unless your a pair of scissors.''

Freya and Thor share a confused glance, their eyes busily scanning their surrounding.

''Little rock-paper-scissors joke for you.'' Korg grins. ''This is my very good friend over here, Miek. He's an insect and has knives for hands.'' He says.

''You're a Kronan, aren't you?'' The God eventually asks. ''That I am.'' Korg replies.

''How'd you end up in here?'' Freya asks, her eyebrows knit together.

''Ah, well, I tried to start a revolution but didn't print enough pamphlets. So hardly anyone turned up, expect for my mom and her boyfriend, who I hate. As punishment, I was forced to be in here and become a gladiator.''

The Goddess closely listen to his story, nodding in understanding as she takes in the information. Meanwhile, her brother starts running around the place.

''Bit of a promotional disaster, that one. But, I'm actually organising another revolution. I don't know if you two would be interested in something like that?'' Korg continues.

Immediately, Thor ends up behind them with a confused look.

He's slightly out of breath, and he rubs his temples as he looks around. ''How did you...'' he begins, looking between Freya and Korg.

''Ah, yeah, no. This whole thing is a circle. But not really a circle, more like a freaky circle.'' The Kronan cooly says.

''This doesn't make any sense.'' Thor mutters. ''Nah, nothing makes sense here. The only thing that does make sense, is that nothing makes sense.'' Korg replies.

''Has anyone here fought the Grandmaster's champion?'' Freya quickly asks.

''Doug has.'' He replies. ''Doug! Our luck, Doug's dead. That's right. Everyone who fights the Grandmaster's Champion perishes.''

''What about you? You're made of rocks.'' Thor quickly says. ''Perishable rocks.'' The Kronan shrugs in response. ''Yeah, I just do the smaller fights, warm up the crowd and whatnot.'' He continues.

''Wait a minute, you two aren't gonna face him, are you?''

''Yes, we are.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑