[24]

LAUGHTER FILLS THE ROOM, Freya looks around with a goofy smile on her lips

LAUGHTER FILLS THE ROOM, Freya looks around with a goofy smile on her lips. She's just so happy. Even though Sokovia is now gone, and, sadly, so is Pietro. The Avengers are content, and the team has been starting to feel like a family.

The new Avengers Facility is busily in the works in Upstate New York, it has been for about a month. But of course, because Tony Stark is directly involved, it's been created astonishingly fast.

The part for the Avengers themselves is totally done, as is the lab and the training fields. There are a few places that still aren't ready, but overall the place is coming together nicely.

''So, I just set it one step forward now?''

Thor's eyes study the- unusually- small dices in his hands, before they flicker over to the board game the Avengers are currently playing in the common room.

''Yes.'' Stark replies, rolling his eyes slightly - because the billionaire has explained this at least fifteen times already.

''Don't just jam!''

''Be gentle, Thor.''

''I cannot help it, the pieces are simply to small!''

''Brother, don't drop it!''

The Avengers have been staying together for the last month or so. Though lots do have plans to leave soon, after the Compound is finished, everyone tries to focus on.. well, almost bonding, right now.

From teaching Thor and Freya more about Earth's foods, working off Steve's list on catching up to the 21st century, and toying with the idea to train new Avengers.

''Just two steps, Cap.'' Clint reminds Steve again, seeming he knew very little about board games of now.

Rogers groans in frustration, his eyes scanning the overly complicated game. ''Can't we just play Checkers.'' He mutters, rolling his eyes - mainly at himself.

''They don't even sell that anymore.'' Natasha dead-pans, grabbing the dices from Steve's hand and grabbing a few cards.

Freya smiles around the room. She takes in the last moments with the team before Tony leaves with Pepper, Clint goes home to retire - he's simply visited the Compound today - and Thor hunts around the Galaxy for Infinity Stones.

The Goddess of Love and War has strongly thought about coming with her brother, feelings like it's her duty.

But all it took was one look at Steve's smile, to make Freya stay back on Midgard for a while.

''It seems I've won again.'' Vision states, making everyone groan.

''That's not even fair, he's like.. not human!'' Sam madly exclaims.

''Neither are they.'' Wanda adds on, pointing between the Asgardian siblings.

''But they suck, though.'' Clint says with a fakely grim face.