[39]

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR, that's how Steve first explained Christmas to Freya

THE MOST WONDERFUL TIME OF THE YEAR, that's how Steve first explained Christmas to Freya. Lights everywhere, large and decorated trees, snow, laughter and talking of happy children and adults, family dinners, warm clothes, long evenings by the fireplace and just pure.. joy.

So, yes, Christmas is the most wonderful time of the year.

In 2018 it was James' first Christmas, and also Freya's first Christmas, so Steve wanted to do everything he could to make the two happy.

He planned it beforehand, asked Natasha to help him cook, - she was invited, and he sucks at cooking - spent days thinking of the best gifts to buy for them and collected the most beautiful tree he could find.

That was Christmas 2018, 4 years have gone by since then.

December 24 2022, Christmas Eve. That's the current date.

And 4 years later, Clint's still nowhere to be found, Bruce's still is in Mexico, Rhodey, Rocket and Carol still travel around the globe. Tony and Pepper still live separate lives, they had a baby not long after Freya and Steve did, but contact just fizzled out - they found out almost a year later, but decided not to call if Pepper and Tony didn't bother telling them in first place.

Such a shame, Freya thinks every time. She - Morgan, she believes Stark's daughter is called - and James could've been such good friends.

And 4 years later Thor and Natasha still come over for a Christmas dinner.

So, yes, it's been 4 years since the snap and nothing has changed.. Freya and Steve are still engaged, Natasha still lives at the compound, Thor still drinks his troubles away and James Samuel Loki Rogers still looks exactly like his father.

The only difference is that both of Odin's children have gained weight.

Thor due to his... drinking problem.

Freya due to the fact that she's pregnant.

24 weeks to be exact.

And it's twins.

One boy, one girl.

Steve passed out when he first found out - well, not really, Rogers denies it but Natasha insists he did.

''I didn't pass out! I just had to sit down for a moment!''

Thor and Natasha had just left, the four adults had exchanged gifts over Secret Santa.

Thor got Steve a bottle of his favourite Asgardian Ale and a #number one dad cap - Rogers laughed and rolled his eyes at the cheesy jokes, as did the rest, and denied liking it. But he's wearing it right now, so..

Nat got Freya a beautiful matching mother-daughter outfit for when the babies were born - Freya teared up and then blamed it on the hormones.