[22]

FREYA GIGGLES at Lila's wide smile, brushing the hair strands from her face

FREYA GIGGLES at Lila's wide smile, brushing the hair strands from her face. The Goddess is sat down on the ground beside her, happily playing with the little girl and her dolls.

She's dressed in Natasha's clothes. Freya's grateful for it, but weird feeling of not wearing a long gown still lightly stays with her.

''And then they kiss, and they live happily ever after!''

The girls voice is squeaky, a happy smile on her face which only makes Freya laugh more.

''Do they, now?'' The Goddess asks, watching the two dolls kissing - or rather being harshly jammed together by Lila - with a grin.

''Yes, they're in love!'' She happily replies. ''Just like you and Captain America.'' Lila drags out the last name, a happy smile on her face as she looks up at Freya.

The Goddess laughs in response, her eyes involuntary travelling towards the window in front her.

She watches as Steve chops up a piece of wood with an axe. His muscles move under a shirt that leaves very very little to imagination.

Probably Clint's shirt, Freya thinks. But of course, she doesn't mind. Instead, the Goddess involuntary licks her lips at the sight.

She quickly shakes away her thought, looking back at Lila.

''Can we play with Auntie Nat?'' She softly asks with a sweet, and irresistible, smile.

''Of course.'' Freya grins, picking up Lila and walking around the house with her as they chat happily.

''I think she's in her room.'' Lila suggest, making the Goddess nod as they walk up the stairs.

''Nat?'' She asks, knocking on the door. ''Nat?'' Freya asks again, as she hears no response.

Lila - being the rather naughty girl she is - leans towards in Freya's arms and clicks open the door handle.

The Goddess eyes widen as she sees Natasha and Bruce, their nearly lips locked. She quickly covers Lila's eyes and turns around. Freya softly, yet quickly, closes the door and walks away.

''What was that?'' Lila asks, her voice high and full of wonder. ''Nothing, sweetheart, you don't have to worry about it.'' Freya awkwardly replies,  quickly making her way down the wooden stairs.

Freya sighs at her thoughts. Being the Goddess Love - and War, of course - she has always seen beyond the surface when it came to love.

And as much as she hated to admit it, she felt like this wasn't love. It is nearly a comfort, being sought by two people who share the fact that there is a monster inside of them that can be unleashed whenever and wherever - the last term being how Natasha herself put it.

The Goddess hastily walks through the house, before she bumps into Clint.

Her eyes widen and she quickly sets Lila down, who wraps her arms around Freya's legs - clothes in jeans.