[23]

THE TENSION STAYS HIGH, while everyone quickly grabs their things

THE TENSION STAYS HIGH, while everyone quickly grabs their things. Freya quickly stares down everyone in the Quinjet, while nervously running her fingers through Steve's hair. She watches her gold amour shining in the light, before Tony's voice breaks the tension.

''There's no way we all get through this.''

''Way to stay positive, Stark.'' Freya lightly snickers, grabbing her swords. Even though she's been through thousands of battles, this one feels different. Because this time, there are way more people she cares about at risk.

''I mean it. If even one tin soldier is left standing, we've lost. There's gonna be blood on the floor.'' Stark continues, his voice abnormally serious.

''I got no plans tomorrow night.'' Steve shrugs, a playful smile on his lips.

''Tomorrow's date night.'' Freya smirks back, hitting the Captain playfully.

''I get the first crack at the big guy. Iron Man's the one he's waiting for.'' Tony says, making Bruce nod in agreement.

''That's true. He hates you the most.''

The Goddess stifles a giggle, watching as Vision quickly walks away again. While Tony looks at him with a perplexed look.

The last of the team finally enters the Quinjet. It's quiet, abnormally so. Everyone's mind is elsewhere, before Rogers speaks up.

''Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out. All they want is to live their lives in peace, and that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Natasha, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us.''

Everyone nods, their minds analysing the plan as they take in Steve's word. The Avengers fly to Sokovia.

''Ultron thinks we're monsters, that we're what is wrong with the world.'' Steve starts again, making everyone nervously move. ''This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right.''

⭑ ⭑ ⭑